Sansui 1000A Restoration Tech Needed

JHS2RT

and Miss Sasha
Subscriber
My Mint condition 1000A has started to sound not up to her potential lately.Yes it contains most of the original caps. I live in Central Florida and I'm wondering if there is a GOOD restoration tech somewhere in Florida. I do not want to ship this beauty.

I am aware of the internal design --- too much for me to handle :eek2:

Last edited:
You need a good tech who is a bit masochistic.
I did the 500A for nosirrah.
No fun, no sir, no fun at all.

Not a little Masochistic.....HIGHLY MASOCHISTIC. It's worse than a 500A, and a 9090db put together. I did mine 8 years ago. I swore NEVER AGAIN!

Oh yeah. Not because they sound better than the EH's, which they do only by a small margin, but because of the small bottle. On the 1000A, with EH's onboard, I put HVAC Aluminium Tape on the sides of the transformers facing the tubes, the temps dropped about 5-8 degrees depending on which transformer. The small bottle tubes caused a further drop of another 5-10 degree's mainly due to air flow around them, and the transformers. When I moved the large power resistors (replaced and moved) the temps are now about 120-130 vs. 150-160 with the EH's and original setup. I still use the EH's in my 800-c's as they don't impinge on the transformers and the heat goes straight up. Why throw out a perfectly good tube. But when the EH's die I will put Tung-Sol's in them.

I'll 2nd Wargo. But it's gonna cost an arm and a leg, plus the Draft rights on your grandchild.

Back
Top Bottom