Sansui 1000x Receiver

stevo137

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Nice! Me likey!

Just got the 1000x and giving it a whirl on my DM6's and enjoying the nice warm, full soundstage.

I know it's a low power Sansui but I like these low power receivers for some reason.

DM6's are very synergistic with this little receiver and this is a mystery to me how this happens when certain pieces just work together.

Very nice warm, full soundstage and imaging.

Reminds me of a nice older tube amp.

And so I'm not the most patient or electrically handy but I did have some intermittent noise from the right channel so I opened up the unit, carefully blew out with air first and then sprayed electrical cleaner in the typical places, switches, moving parts, pots etc.

It seems as though tape monitor switches 1 and 2 would emulate the problem when I moved them so I sprayed cleaner above and below the switches reassembled and all seems fine now.

Only noticing that the two tape monitor switches are still a bit sticky so they may need a bit more cleaning.

The unit is pretty easy to remove the cover and get into even for someone like me who never works on this type of equipment.

Sounds great and cleaned up nicely!

Any tips or input regarding this receiver will be greatly appreciated because this one's a keeper for me.

IMG_2781.JPG

moefuzz. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at a 2000A or 2000X. both are cap coupled (as are most all small Sansui's of that era) They will require a recap, replacement of all 2sc458's (about a dozen) and rebuilds of the power supplies, if not already done. I have the 2000, 2000a, and 2000x, with the "A" and "X" having ConradH's mods. Noise floor is 3rd sub basement level quiet, Very good sounding, full and lush somewhat like a tube amp/receiver. Get one that has been overhauled and I think you'll re-think your dis-appointment and move over to the pleasantly surprised.

RuhRow, another cap-coupled Sansui fan alert :)

Keep this up gang and everyone will want one.

Listening to my fully rebuilt 2000 as I type btw

-Lee

Back
Top Bottom