1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui 210 - Strange flash bang!

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by David230, Sep 20, 2018.

1. David230

David230 New Member

Hi smurfer,

Yes I do know, but it's OK I would much rather someone mentioned it - better to be safe than sorry. I know far less about this than I know.

I've ordered a 250v .02uf X2 ac interference suprression cap to replace the original.

slimecity and smurfer77 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. David230

David230 New Member

My Caps arrived today. However, the value is incorrect (i'm sure I ordered 22nf). These are 22uf and not sure whether I can use them, or not? Please can someone advise?

Aside from that spec is correct.
    [​IMG]

3. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

looks like 220nF to me .. there is a decimal point .

4. David230

David230 New Member

Sorry I meant .22uf (220nf)

5. David230

David230 New Member

Is it possible that the unit wont switch completely off using this cap instead of a smaller capacitor?

6. smurfer77

smurfer77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

No

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

A larger value isn't an advantage here, it really should be the correct value.

David230 and smurfer77 like this.
  8. David230

David230 New Member

I installed the correct value and spec cap and have been running the amp most evenings for the last week. All is well, very pleased with such a humble little amp.

The only fault to occur is the concentric balance control was causing slight fuzz on one channel. It started to act funny where turning it all the way right would increase the volume and put the sound to the right channel. Turn to the left and it would distort and move the sound all the way to the left.

Having moved it from side to side several times and re centering the channels its performing fine again. I have no issues with the pots whatsoever, except for this little hiccup that seems to have cleared now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Hyperion likes this.
  9. smurfer77

smurfer77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Brilliant news. I love those little sansui. Such big sounding little amps that embarass many a big amp.

Maybe excercise the balance back and forth 50 times or so with the power off to make sure the 'path is clear'. (Often i find exercise is all that is needed)

David230 likes this.