Sansui 33000 sighting

At that price it will already be gone....but they are not without their issues, lots of details need to be addressed to get them fully operational and reliable.....

My 22000 is the most I've ever paid for a piece of audio, and it was still an awesome price. I may get a 33000, someday, if it comes up for a decent price.

I'd bet that was spoken for in nano-seocnds from the time it was posted. Consider that when a 33K shows up on "that auction site" anytime recently, it typically is listed well over $10,000 (last couple I've seen over there anyway). Now, I think that's outrageous money for it, and they don't appear to sell easily at that stratospheric of a price, but eventually either someone bites, or talks the seller down enough to do a deal.

Would I like one? Sure, but not at a price more than I've paid for any car I bought in the last 20 years. Yes, I do like collecting the rarities, but would rather score a BA-202 and 303 tube amp combo if I'm shelling out that kind of bread. But, I suppose others may have a greater desire to own one at any price than I. At $5000, I'd probably do it if I had the cash laying around (yeah, I don't, so dream time is over) but would be gritting my teeth the whole time.

If it was Dallas, it would indeed be a mob scene.
The local vintage market is pretty low key. The inventory
Of classsic gear is dismal. And there's not the deep pockets
Buyer's around here. I've been in Memphis a couple of years now.
I seldom see quality gear pop up for sale.
This listing is still up today.

^^^ but it is craigslist, so even if it has been sold, there is no assurance the ad will have been pulled in a timely manner. Admittedly, $5000 is more cash than 99% of people will have laying about waiting to be spent. And I don't imagine the seller takes plastic. So it may, In fact, still be available.

Ok. If it's just the amp portion - and it needs repair - 5 large is a bit optimistic to ask, I think. Then again, how often do you find a G-33000 for sale, much less just the amp half.

Back
Top Bottom