1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui 350a

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by aje123, Apr 19, 2017.

1. aje123

aje123 Member

Hey all,just wanted to say with the right speakers 4 a&b on a 350a this low wattage stereo sounds great.Its really hard to believe its only somewhere around 22 watts per channel.It must be way underrated.Any one else have a 350a? What are your thoughts?

2. The Fuxtor

The Fuxtor AK Subscriber Subscriber

i got a 350, I havent refreshed it but i would think with new caps it should hold its own with some of the au integrateds..... maybe?? Cap coupled goodness!!

3. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger Effect Subscriber

I completely re-did a 350a about a year ago. To my ears, it sounds nice, but doesn't blow me away. Maybe that's a reflection on my work, not the design. I didn't have the tuner aligned, but it seems reasonably sensitive.

With a refinished wood case, it could look lovely in the right room. The green dial is beautiful, especially in the dark.

Like the 555a, it's an easy unit to work on. No hard-to-find parts that I can remember. There are several 2sc458 transistors that should be replaced. Mine didn't have any flying saucer transistors, but I think some production runs may have.

It's currently boxed and in the closet, simply because I have too many receivers and amps.

4. smurfer77

smurfer77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

The 350A and similar models sound powerful compared to their rating and tend to have very strong bass. I've been preaching on here for a while that those related models are very under rated.

5. bobwurst

bobwurst New Member

I just picked up my first Sansui receiver. It's a 350 and I love it. I've got a pair of KLH 17s hooked up to it. What other speakers would sound better?

6. aje123

aje123 Member

I have a pair of vintage early 70's Panasonic sb-150's, that soud great on the 350a. These sound warm and clear.
    I need to get a bigger stereo but want to stay Sansui maybe 5000x. thanks

bobwurst likes this.
  7. aje123

aje123 Member

Also forgot to mention that the 350a has a great bottom end,doesnt take much turn of volume control to get loud.

8. bobwurst

bobwurst New Member

What's the difference between the 350 and the 350a?

9. aje123

aje123 Member

2or 3 years older,and 2 or 3 less watts per channel. IMHO ??

10. bobwurst

bobwurst New Member

thanks.