Sansui 4000

Wired

I got a Sansui 4000 reciever today from my grandfather (he said I could borrow it for as long as I wish). It is a massive unit and is very heavy.

I have not pluged it in yet. Does any one have any inforamtion on this receiver?

I have just connected this unit. It sounds much better than my marantz 1060 (I think it is a bit aged). The sound is much clearer, it has more and better controlled bass.

Thats a very nice receiver. I have a 5000 and a 5000A. They do have a very nice warm sound to them, and you arent the first to compare them to Marantz. My 5000A sounds more like my Sansui 500A tube receiver than it sounds like other SS amps.

I have a 4000 and love it, it's got that great Sansui sound that all of us in this forum love... It simultaneously drives two pairs of speakers in my study, a pair of Original Large Advents and a pair of Genesis Physics I's, so it's driving a 4-ohm load no problem. The 40 watts per channel is more than enough for my apartment and listening levels.

Good tuner, great sound, you'll probably enjoy it quite a bit! Does yours have the nice wooden case, too?

Mine came with the wooden case in excelent condition. My granfathers wife made him get a TEAC all in one system about 10 years ago to replace his stack of seperates which included the sansui.

You must keep in mind that this reciever new would have about 3 time the price of the marantz intergrated that i have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom