Sansui 5000A Service

clip44

Hi,
I have a Sansui 5000A that I purchased in the late 60's-early 70's. I have always loved this receiver and have resisted the notion of buying a new one. I have two problems: 1. I cannot locate a service manual for the machine and 2.
I cannont locate a good service repair shop that will not rip me off. I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico and took the machine in to my local stereo guy. After paying over $150.00, the machine is in the same condition it was in before I took it in. The machine has some static, I am sure some parts need to be replaced and the FM tuner needs to be realigned. Can anyone recommend a reputable service facility for these old machines and also where I can locate a manual.
Thanks,
Andy

Fellow AK 'er jblmar is currently working on my 5000a and has been a joy to work with.A very nice individual who is very patient and very explanatory,not to mention very good . Give him a try.

Guy

Clipp44-
I know you said you were in Santa Fe, NM and your post is 2 years old, but perhaps your 5000A is still broke and in need of repair. If you wanted to incur the expense of shipping your beloved Sansui to NY, I know a really good shop;
The Stereo Workshop, Inc. (Ron Alvaro)
1668 Rt 9 - PO Box 415
Clifton Park, NY 12065
(518) 371-3073

I would call him first to make arrangements. He's frequently booked with repairs but will fit you in without making you wait forever. Good guy, first rate. Fixed my sony TC-765, but does all types of repairs.
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom