1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui 5000X blowing left fuse....

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by Wolverine, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

So I got a Sansui 5000x free from the original owner a couple of years ago and really never used it as a daily driver for a variety of reasons. I hooked it up last week to use in a secondary system and the left rear fuse blew after a few minutes of playing. I am sure that there a variety of reasons that could be the cause but I was wondering based on the most likely cause what it will cost to get this up and running.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. nosirrah

nosirrah Moderator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Fixed the title for you

3. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

output transistors etc .

4. camfreak

camfreak AK Subscriber Subscriber

Do you know if it has the F-6013 driver boards or the F-1040-1 boards. Did you replace the fuse? If you did, did it blow again immediately or did it run for a couple of minutes again before blowing?

5. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

The known board issue with this receiver was corrected at some point in the past. The left fuse blows immediately at this point.

6. hjames

hjames beware of folks offering Cakes Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Sadly, CamFreak's posts had to go away ...
    One of the basic rules of AudioKarma is that offers to buy/sell/trade gear or related items
    can only be done by Subscribers and need to be done through the Bartertown forums.
    That helps pay the cost of running such a huge web forum system.

I highly recommend @camfreak join AK as a subscriber, and post the update boards in Bartertown as a subscriber or a vendor as others have done here.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    slimecity likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. camfreak

camfreak AK Subscriber Subscriber

With all respect to you it is sad, indeed. In his own words Wolverine gained the confidence to do the repairs on his receiver after reading my post! And just to set the record straight I didn't post anything soliciting money for a product I was selling. That was not my intention I simply mentioned I was in the process of cloning the F-6013 board and someone else asked if I intended to make them available to others. It is something a lot of your subscribers may be interested in. I know I would have been. But aside from waiting for some to show up on e-bay or buying those that some bozo on e-bay is pushing, I decided I would make my own. Repairing the 1040-1 boards was not an option for me and neither was it for Sansui. Which is why they designed the F-6013 boards and made them available for over 10yrs at no charge, except for labor to have it done. I have spent a lifetime acquiring knowledge that I would like to pass along for the taking. I was hoping I could be helpful on AK. Please don't treat me like a child. Another thing, you could be more discrete when you 'reprimand' someone, instead of putting them in the corner with a dunce hat on. You could have just sent me a message telling me of the horrible violations I allegedly committed and I would have complied if in fact I actually committed such offences. I am normally very easy going, but I have to say you have me rattled me a bit. Best regards................CamFreak