Sansui 5000x - F-6013 Driver Amp PCB

For all those current and future 5000 owners! I recreated the printed circuit board for the F-6013 driver amp board. I have made a .PDF of the PCB with component placement and parts list so those who are so inclined, can make there own. If you have an old 5000 or 5000a that still have the older F-1040 boards you can now upgrade to the F-6013 with a bit of time and patience.
This PCB image is set up for toner transfer board etching (reversed image), and the component side set up regular for silkscreening or transparent sticker printing on the reverse (non-copper) side.
This link will be permanent for those who find this forum in the future to use.. good luck and happy etching.

http://www.robertreznik.com/sansui/sansui.html

howdy,
just happen to be going thru my owner manuals and i ran across a service & operating manual for a sansui qr-4500 4-channel receiver. if anybody needs it, i would be glad to upload it, just have to sit down and scan it in.

Old thread, back from the dead... is there any source for new PCBs or files to create same for the F-6013? I just acquired a 5000A with the F-1040-1 boards and am considering my options.

I think this is it. It's amazing what you will find stashed on your pc.

- Pete

Attachments

• F_6013_DriverAmp_PCB.pdf
    399.1 KB · Views: 178
You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to mod the old F-1040-1 boards or go this route. I completely without intending to came home with a 5000A today and it looks like it'll clean up to be cosmetically nice, but one of the F-1040-1s shows signs of having been repaired and then subsequently fried again, and isn't even screwed down to the chassis, making me think that a comprehensive driver rebuild is Job One on this guy.

Also, re: your sig, you keep reminding me that I need to post all the Sansuis I have to your DB, I now have three and I never think to do so when I have them out of their places.

The 6013 board is not that complected but you will have to use modern substitute transistors. The layout assumes you are using the original T066 driver transistors so it will need to be modified for something more modern. The hardest part will be finding the 2SC984 bias transistors. I'm not sure modern transistors in resin cases will transfer heat as well as the original Hitachi devices.

- Pete

Nate: Please keep me in the loop as to what you are considering. I made up parts kits for the six F-1040 bds I have installed, but have never com close to pulling the bds and installing them.

Nate: Please keep me in the loop as to what you are considering. I made up parts kits for the six F-1040 bds I have installed, but have never com close to pulling the bds and installing them.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Part of me says I should just make some 6013s, but I've seen that others have had success modifying the F-1040s. Unfortunately, while MOST of this unit seems untouched, I'm a little scared to even bring it up on a variac as both F-1040s show varying differences and degrees of recent solder work, and one isn't even screwed down. I suspect there's some wires unhooked as well that I haven't found.

I might be more inclined to rework the F-1040s if the pics in the relevant thread that I found hadn't caught the photobucket disease. We're all probably going to be suffering from that for years to come. No matter what I end up doing I'll probably end up begging for pictures when I finally go to address it. There's definitely at least one cut wire that I can't find.

Just a quick note. The modern replacement transistors for the old metal cased units seem to run way cooler than those originals, doubt they even need a heat sink. And the new stuff seems to withstand some pretty high temps too. I did put something on mine just to be safe. To my ears a rebuilt 1040 board sounds identical to the OE unit.

I had taken a chance on some 2SC984 transistors on the Bay a few years back and they seem to work just fine on my 990db. The only issue I had with them were that the legs were shorter than the originals and the case didn't reach the heatsinks.

I too am interested in getting F-6013 boards made for my 5000a. I would not mind getting a few extras for the frequent 5000 series that i find with defective boards. If anybody knows somebody who is making these already, please advise. Thanks

This has been back burnered for me as I have been concentrating on getting a Luxman preamp fully functional instead. However if anyone wants to take the artwork for the 6013 boards and convert them to Gerber or other files, I'm definitely down for at least a pair as the 1040 driver boards in my 5000a are definitely roached. I don't know what if anything else they took out with them when they went, but that's another battle for another time, I would just like to be confident that if I put this unit back together it'll be reliable after it's repaired.

I just have never actually made a PCB and so was trying to find if somebody has already made some. As many of these 5000 units as there are out there I would think that this could be fairly popular. Thanks.

I'm taking delivery on some F-6013 boards I did in CAD and have been collecting parts to populate them too. I stayed VERY close to the original layout for visual. I will have some completed boards available soon. Take a quick glance at what the original transistors are going for (New) so there are no surprises when you ask me about them. You are looking at $50 just in transistors. I saw a pair of crusty 6013's go for $160 on that site we alll love to hate. I also have a pair or originals and a 5000a I was going to put them in but I got too many projects....

Back
Top Bottom