Sansui 5000x - F-6013 Driver Amp PCB

I'm taking delivery on some F-6013 boards I did in CAD and have been collecting parts to populate them too. I stayed VERY close to the original layout for visual. I will have some completed boards available soon. Take a quick glance at what the original transistors are going for (New) so there are no surprises when you ask me about them. You are looking at $50 just in transistors. I saw a pair of crusty 6013's go for $160 on that site we alll love to hate. I also have a pair or originals and a 5000a I was going to put them in but I got too many projects....
I would be interested in a pair. Even just the naked boards would be fine. As soon as you have pricing, let us know.

I should build a couple sets to ensure the boards are good. They should be as it took several weeks to lay them out and triple check them. I have enough NOS parts for 10 pairs of boards. I don't think I'll be offering bare boards though but you never know.

I think I spent close to $500 in development/NOS parts/shipping for 5 pairs. The first boards I did, I didn't do any routing, it was going to be hand wiring, so I have some of those blank F-6013 boards. They look nice, but the components have to be hand wired as the boards only have Plated through Holes for each component. I'll post a pic of those too

Then I redid the drawings and they were too expensive being CAD "Auto-Routed" and they ended up being 6 layers.

so I had to hand draw the routing but make it stout and a lot better on the solder side than the factory abortion. Yep, nearly stashed that project in the closet. Especially after a crash and lost my layout.

I have an expediter sourcing All the NOS transistors to see what kind of a deal is to be had. Maybe a group buy between a couple guys will help knock the price down. Some of those transistors go for over $10 each when you add in shipping. A larger bulk buy may help keep the price down.

Auto Cadding the skizmo and boards was easy compared getting all the NOS parts without the added headaches of trying to test each and every part for a modern substitute. That will be next. I'll take a set and one by one, adapt a modern transistor at each position and put it on the Audio Precision test set to check for issues with noise/distortion/freq response/etc.... or, maybe I'll just drink beer like a good sailor and save myself the headaches.....

They turned out GREAT

Attachments

• IMG_4664 (2208 x 1656).jpg
    IMG_4664 (2208 x 1656).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
While I applaud your efforts to make these boards available, sourcing NOS transistors on eBay or any on-line source is a crap shoot at best. There's a really good chance you are paying top dollar for counterfeits. Be very, very careful and test, test, test.

- Pete

While I applaud your efforts to make these boards available, sourcing NOS transistors on eBay or any on-line source is a crap shoot at best. There's a really good chance you are paying top dollar for counterfeits. Be very, very careful and test, test, test.

- Pete

I do this for a living. All my parts come from trusted sources. And, of course everything gets tested. Can't sell a pair of boards that don't work. Unless they are parts units. But why would I go through the hassle of scoring NOS parts if Iwas just goint to sell parts units?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is warning others about the very real problem of counterfeits negative or is it helpful? I can understand why you would source NOS 2SC984 bias transistors. They are fairly unique and their odd case would make them hard to counterfeit. But the two T0-66 case transistors are a crap shoot to find as NOS. There are good, modern substitutes available. Why not upgrade? It would improve performance and lower cost.

- Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep in mind that this bonzoro fellow is the same guy that thinks that an amp that puts your speakers up in flames is a good amp because that means the amp has some power.

Well with a 5000a you can blow up your receiver and speakers at the same time :)

In any case I'm still interested as I don't have the skill set to translate the artwork that's online to a Gerber file which is what I would need to do to head up this repro project.

OK... there were at least two of us that expressed genuine interest, I don't get it. But I guess with an attitude like that even if you change your mind you won't be getting any of my money...

Don't feed the troll...

index.php

Attachments

• trolls.gif
    trolls.gif
    81.8 KB · Views: 130
So it looks like our friend really did make them. Item no. 392046181315 on a certain auction site.

I'm conflicted. I would really like a pair of these but then again I'd almost rather make them myself...

Back
Top Bottom