Sansui 6060 Help crackle and static

Upon checking it seems that either trimmer orientation will work OK here - so please ignore my suggestion for a different one. ;)

Ok, last night i replaced the transistors... so far so good.

The problem was intermittent so it's hard to say, but at least i know I successfully replaced the transistors correctly! Phono and Aux inputs sounded good through my Klipsch KG 3s.

One issue remained that I'm hoping will be remedied by replacing the caps on this board. The left channel, although there was no loud crack and pop so far, was not passing much signal at all. If i set to mono it was fine. I swapped leads on my input to make sure it wasn't coming from there, and by the time I swapped them back everything sounded fine.

That is good news, sounds like you have prob fixed your original crackling/popping situation with the transistor replacement :thumbsup:.

Interesting you had the left channel not producing much sound. As l said earlier in post l would be surprised if the fusible resistors on the main amp board and the power supply were not out of spec (these are the blueish grey ones that stand up off the board usually with little pieces of insulation on legs). There is also one of these on the tone amp/pre amp board.

Have you cleaned and lubricated all of the potentiometers and switches?

Have you checked and set BIAS (idle current) and checked DC offset? DC offset should be quiet low now that you have replaced the input differential pair.

That is good news, sounds like you have prob fixed your original crackling/popping situation with the transistor replacement :thumbsup:.

Interesting you had the left channel not producing much sound. As l said earlier in post l would be surprised if the fusible resistors on the main amp board and the power supply were not out of spec (these are the blueish grey ones that stand up off the board usually with little pieces of insulation on legs). There is also one of these on the tone amp/pre amp board.

Have you cleaned and lubricated all of the potentiometers and switches?

Have you checked and set BIAS (idle current) and checked DC offset? DC offset should be quiet low now that you have replaced the input differential pair.
Thanks, i remember seeing the bias adjust in the manual. I'll lookup the offset as well.
I'm leaning caps for this because it seems to go away on its own ~2minutes or less after turning it on.

Hold on. According to the pictures he posted at the beginning of this thread, His 6060 has the original power supply board not the later production board. It does not have the 2700 and 2701 boards. The original service manual and schematic should be as close to correct as Sansui gets.

- Pete

Whoa! Pete, right you are. Sorry about that. But hey, now that 'other' version is documented. Maybe you can file it here somewhere?

Thanks, i remember seeing the bias adjust in the manual. I'll lookup the offset as well.
I'm leaning caps for this because it seems to go away on its own ~2minutes or less after turning it on

Yes by all means go ahead with recap, l wasn't suggesting the BIAS or DC offset to be the cause of your concerns more just good practice to have unit operating correctly.

Post it into the Digital Docs forum. That's the AK library of service information. Once it's there, everyone has access.

- Pete

[QUOTE = "tweedsmith, publicación: 10377460, miembro: 257004"] Hola,
¿Alguien estaría dispuesto o podría ayudarme con la reparación de mi amado Sansui 6060? Soy bastante bueno con un soldador y solía reparar equipos de transmisión digital Panasonic para estudios de producción y estaciones de televisión. Estoy un poco oxidado en la resolución de problemas y el reconocimiento de componentes. Me gustaría mantener este funcionando. Una tienda local me dio un estimado de $ 350- $ 400 si todo lo que requiere es un resumen, y el dinero es escaso en este momento. Revisé el foro en varias ocasiones para este problema, pero creo que necesito ayuda personalizada más específica.

Mi receptor tiene algunos pequeños problemas y uno grande.

Todo se enciende y puedo tocar mi tocadiscos y usar la entrada auxiliar para transmitir por Airplay.

The main issue is occasionally there is a loud cracking in the left channel, very sharp and loud. bad for my speakers and ears and waking/scaring the baby! (i want her to love music, not be afraid of the stereo!) this is usually accompanied by loud static, and sometimes loss of signal in the left channel for a period of time.
Sometimes it occurs at startup, and other times it plays fine (for days at a time) and comes out of nowhere. not related to turning knobs or anything. I can have the volume all the way down and it still occurs. Turning the speaker selection to off will stop it, but no other input or knob settings change anything

There is also a constant kind of flap flap flap, that is not very noticeable when music is playing. that's not a dealbreaker, but i'd like to clear it up if possible while i'm in there (caps?).

Voy a intentar adjuntar un archivo, pero solo pude hacer que la solapa se aletara, no capté el crujido.

Tengo un esquema y un manual descargados, y soy bueno admitiendo que ahora no tengo algo.
Adjunto algunas fotos internas aquí.

¡Cualquier ayuda sería apreciada!

Lo mismo le pasó a mi 6060 y fue porque tenía un teléfono móvil cerca

The main issue is occasionally there is a loud cracking in the left channel, very sharp and loud. bad for my speakers and ears and waking/scaring the baby!

Hi Sdp81, definitely sounds like failing small signal transistors, replace them all and the fusible resistors.

Back
Top Bottom