Sansui 661 Recap/Parts List Thread

Thanks John. I replaced all electros upto 3.3uF on an AU217 (taking care of voltage and available space) and there is a noticeable audio improvement.
However, since the 217 is just one model above BOTL, I'll avoid any "over description" of the audio improvement.

Cheers,
Robert.

Hi, a big thanks is in order for posting about this receiver, as I just recently bought a 661 and plan on eventually recapping it. and I am really curious about doing the above, replacing all electros up to 4.7uF with film caps.
did you even replaced them in the power supply? or just caps in the signal path ?

thanks,

Hi Memofer,
I replaced ALL electros up to 3.3uF, even those in the PS. But the greatest improvement came from the signal path, especially the selector and tone boards. For the power amp section, changeover to films resulted in more detail and refinement. Bass improved too. Overall a rather pleasant improvement.
Good luck on your resto project.
Robert.

I've run into an issue.

Recapped the PS (just the caps, no diodes or transistors yet), fired it upon the DBT (no light emitted from bulb), set Offset and Bias, got a relay click. Everything was fine.

Moved onto the Driver board. Replaced all caps, the four 2sa726's and the variable resistors. Fired it up on the DBT and the bulb stayed about half lit and I get no relay click. When I tried adjusting Offset or bias for both channels my multimeter readings do not change. There's also a small vibration on the board you can feel if you lightly touch it.

Doing the bias adjustments on this unit you take out a fuse and hook your leads to the fuse clips. When I took the F-02 fuse out for the right channel and turned the unit back on the bulb did not glow and the vibration was gone. The bulb glows and the board vibrates when doing the same for the left channel. Which would lead me to believe there's something wrong in the right channel of the board, but I still can't adjust anything with the VR's on the left side (which leaves the bulb dim and there's no vibration) either.

Where do I go from here?

Hi,

You just replaced those 4 transistors in the whole amp? Any reason why just those 4?
I'm considering reccapping a 661 myself and i'm curious...

Thanks!

One 10DC1/10DC1R has three leads anode-cathode-anode or cathode-anode-cathode. Each 10DC1/10DC1R is replaced with two 1N4007's . The center pin will have two leads in the same hole either common anode or common cathode. So yes you will require 8 each 1N4007.
How do you wire the 1n4007's into the 3 holes of the old 10dc-1 and 10dc-1r? Sorry I am not technically inclined. If you have photos that would be nice or an illustration

How do you wire the 1n4007's into the 3 holes of the old 10dc-1 and 10dc-1r? Sorry I am not technically inclined. If you have photos that would be nice or an illustration
The middle hole will need to be enlarged just enough for two diode leads to fit in the single hole. That would be easiest and the most professional looking.

Back
Top Bottom