Sansui 661

apace202

Tried a search but couldn't really find anything on this receiver. Any 661 owners here? Thoughts on this receiver.

I had one that I sold recently. Excellent low-powered receiver and not too hard to work on if needed. There was plenty of info on it on AK when I was refurbing mine, so maybe try another look around. I really liked it, but just didn't need it.

I had one that I sold recently. Excellent low-powered receiver and not too hard to work on if needed. There was plenty of info on it on AK when I was refurbing mine, so maybe try another look around. I really liked it, but just didn't need it.
I finally found some info. For some reason I apparently was searching 611.
It will be my first Sansui, but I have an eye on some others as well.

I have one driving a pair of small Klipsch KGs at work. Actually just died after a coworker left it idling for several days w/o realizing it. Wasn't anything I could see wrong (fuses good, no visual signs of failure, everything lights up, etc) so it's off being diagnosed now. Trying to decide if I should put $$ into a repair or snag something like an AU-317/517 as I have no use for the tuner section @ work. . . :(

I have one driving a pair of small Klipsch KGs at work. Actually just died after a coworker left it idling for several days w/o realizing it. Wasn't anything I could see wrong (fuses good, no visual signs of failure, everything lights up, etc) so it's off being diagnosed now. Trying to decide if I should put $$ into a repair or snag something like an AU-317/517 as I have no use for the tuner section @ work. . . :(
I've thought about just getting an amp too. I don't listen to radio much, but I like the pretty lights :)

I had one a while back that I picked up for next to nothing. I cleaned it up a bit and it sounded great.

I really regret selling it!

these are getting rare - the xx1 series. I once had half a dozen 771s, loved bringing them back to life, 661s, etc. just got and fixed a 331 that was the first one I even SAW in 4-5 years. are they all in china or working so damn well somewhere?

My 661 was a dealer demo.....minor repairs and it sounds great.
There are those that say the 881 is the finest receiver made. I have one and like it.

Back
Top Bottom