Sansui 7000 FM Issue

kdris10

Hi I've had this for many years, while playing one day the FM went out, I then put it to rest for a few years. Pulled it out this week and fired it up on a DBT and I have the same issue, I decided to recap and re-transistor the power supply/protection board, the two power amp boards, and the tone board. Fired up on DBT and bulb dimmed, I plugged in headphones and I had FM loud and clear. So I put it on the rack and hooked up speakers, bluetooth adapter, and an FM antenna..now everything works perfectly except the FM, it is playing, the meters move, it pulls in the stereo lamp, but the sound is very very low, you can barely hear it at 12:00 volume through the speakers or headphones. I have deoxed all the controls, and switches, worked them back and forth many times, still low volume.Any kinda help would be very helpful, it is a very nice unit.

Thanks
Kyle

It's the F-1322 board FM multiplex,does anyone have a rebuild list or should I just reflow solder first? FM comes in nice when i bend the board a bit, plays great for awhile then drops out again. Rebend the board FM comes in great.

It's the F-1322 board FM multiplex,does anyone have a rebuild list or should I just reflow solder first? FM comes in nice when i bend the board a bit, plays great for awhile then drops out again. Rebend the board FM comes in great.
I think you more than likely found it. I have had issues with most of my sansui receivers that 99
Percent came back to a cold solder point. My only concern with that being a later build you might have your hands full where all mine is find "The loose one" and redo one rather than the entire board. I have more confidence in your ability than mine. I picked a up
g series receiver opened it up and took a look closed it back up and sent it out. Post when you get it solved! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom