Sansui 7000

Just read through all the posts here, I did some research on the 7000 since one is for sale here locally. This model was sold overseas-europe and asia, military bases as you noted. One of the big differences at the front is the Eight's do not have a Mic control as the 7000 does, that's where the Volume control is on the Eight. Replacing the Volume control spot, is the middle tone control for the Eight. I have an Eight in for repairs, recap, fixing the right output channel, so I hope it will return strong and true to the name "Sansui".

The Eight and 7000 have different amplifier sections as well. The difference is obvious when you see them side by side with the covers off.

- Pete

I have a Sansui 771 amp the audio stereo is a OK. The problem lies in the microphone input jack. Whenever I wanted to use the microphone there was a hum!! Can anyone help me on this one. Thanks.

The 771 is completely different than either the Eight or the 7000. You should start a new post with your question if you want to hear from people that have experience with the 771.

- Pete

I have a Sansui 771 amp the audio stereo is a OK. The problem lies in the microphone input jack. Whenever I wanted to use the microphone there was a hum!! Can anyone help me on this one. Thanks.

May I suggest you start a thread for this question, adding to a thread this old that may not get read by folks that know the answer to your problem and won't help you.
Casey

The 7000 is an enigma. It was made concurrently with the Eight and the 5000X. It uses the chassis and styling of the Eight but it's amp design is closer to the 5000.

The database has recorded these production ranges:

7000 from 3/71 to 9/71. (16 units recorded)
Eight run from 12/70 to 6/72 (16 units recorded)
Eight Deluxe 6/73 to 5/74 (11 units recorded)
5000X - 2/71 to 8/72
5000A - 9/69 to 9/70
5000 - 7/68 to 12/69 (12 units recorded)

The serial number of the unit pictured above is not recorded in the database. If anyone has examples of these receivers, please post the serial numbers in the database thread.

- Pete

I just picked up one of these today, heres the serial # on mine

Last edited:
October 1971?, still curious what the sound difference is between the eight and the 7000? Which was considered the TOTL at that time?

October 1971?, still curious what the sound difference is between the eight and the 7000? Which was considered the TOTL at that time?

I don't think there would be much sound difference between the two. As far as which was the top of the line, that probably depended on which one the store stocked.

- Pete

I've had both and would totally agree w/LBPete. While they are superb receivers I personally could not tell a difference in their delivery. Both of mine had a strong AM/FM reception, but lack a little in the phono section. With their 80/70 WPC you could not ask more for pushing a stubborn set of speakers, and do it well.

I've had both and would totally agree w/LBPete. While they are superb receivers I personally could not tell a difference in their delivery. Both of mine had a strong AM/FM reception, but lack a little in the phono section. With their 80/70 WPC you could not ask more for pushing a stubborn set of speakers, and do it well.

The eight is rated at 60wpc, the 7000 is 70wpc. That's part of the enigma.

- Pete

This thread probbbbably doesn't need to keep going, but I thought I'd chime in that the 7000 I had did not have speaker fuses.

i have 2 7000 . lights were out on both replacements just cost $20 for 7 and shipping . it takes 6 . the meter lights were replaced with led . turned out great .

Ok, sorry to drag this thread up again but I have recently acquired another Sansui 7000, so now I have two of these beasts :D

Got it from a potential customer who didn't want to get it fixed and was going to dump the thing so I made him an offer.

This one is not in as good condition as my first one, the cabinet top is scratched and marked, front panel top surface is the same, does need some caps/transistors replacing, but its all there and does work to a degree so will be a nice little project. :)

None of the dial lamps are blown which is a bonus. This 7000 was made in August of 1971. 221080484

The build quality of these single digit Sansui's always impresses me. :yes:

Just thought I'd mention about this new addition in passing...Will get the serial number added to the database.

Cheers
Glen.

Attachments

• P1010757.jpg
    P1010757.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 219
  • P1010758.jpg
    P1010758.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 239
  • P1010759.jpg
    P1010759.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010760.jpg
    P1010760.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 181
Looks like a good little project Glen.......:thmbsp:

They do have a nice build quality......

Thanks Kevin, this might be one I do at work and then use it in my test/setup rig as its got a tuner which is handy for a constant audio source when feeding an input into another amplifier...
Anybody out there got a service manual for this beast they wouldn't mind sharing a copy with? :D
Cheers

Thanks Kevin, this might be one I do at work and then use it in my test/setup rig as its got a tuner which is handy for a constant audio source when feeding an input into another amplifier...
Anybody out there got a service manual for this beast they wouldn't mind sharing a copy with? :D
Cheers
or sell to me haha

Back
Top Bottom