Sansui 7070 “ Just Take It”

So, is there any way to clean these relays or is it a replacement? I have a similar problem with an NEC preamp. At low volume one channel can drop out, I crank up the volume and it comes back. It's all logic controls, no physical speaker selector or source switches on the front, just pushbuttons that scroll through the choices. This relay problem sounds like the culprit.

Sorry for the tangent, or maybe hopping onto your wagon is a more appropriate term.
Replacement is the best option.

This ?
says RABK 2 B on the plastic cover .
That thing needs deoxit ? It’s covered .Does it even come off ?
Do you think you could post a photo of the solder side for the relay. The manual looks like it could be and LY2 relay.

Very difficult to get under there and see anything
I wasn’t sure if a relay gets deoxit . If I can’t spray it I won’t be able to fix this without qualified help

Attachments

• E357751D-5057-4E6F-B140-037605AF7F16.jpeg
    E357751D-5057-4E6F-B140-037605AF7F16.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 3F78737F-79F5-4157-A127-A1C40763AABB.jpeg
    3F78737F-79F5-4157-A127-A1C40763AABB.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9
That’s what I figured having had this come up before . That entire board needs to be removed ? I have a friend who’s better at this .

I turned it on after reassembling . It didn’t fade . But that’s not all together reassuring . Yet .

Been listening to this for the afternoon. Got it today, opened it up, pulled the relay cleaned it and put it back together. Sounds fine. Sure it needs a bit of cleaning on the switches, but I think the channel stuff could have been the relay or the speaker selector, but the relay is not pitted, still shiny, but the cardstock came out dirty. The speaker selector switch will get some deoxit but other than that and a couple bulbs this unit is in fine shape.

Now Dave is trying to pry a sweet Pioneer SX-828 out of my hands. Maybe that is why this one showed up on my doorstep. They are stacked on the coffee table in the sound room hooked up alternately to a pair of DQ-10s. We'll see, one is a full 60wpc and the other is 54wpc. Beauty of the blue lights might win this round.

Back
Top Bottom