Sansui 7070 at Goodwill....25 bucks..

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
I didnt get it because the only I could test it was with the radio...It was pulling strong signal, but no output...

Should I get it and send it somewhere? Worth it?

If you can DIY repair - a descent 7070 is worth the effort. I would more than likely buy one for $25 'out the door' if it looks to have potential.

No DIY skills at all here,,,All lights worked, outer shell in good shape,,,well, its there tomorrow, i will get it,,,

WhiteSE:

A 7070 is an excellent receiver. I know, I own one (fixed it myself :D )

Take earphones with you. That will tell you if the amps are working. As mentioned above be sure the SPEAKERS switch is set to "A+B" to check speakers attached. Earphones will work regardless of this switch setting.

Be sure that ALL push buttons are OUT - especially the DOLBY NR/4CH ADAPTOR button. Also, AUDIO MUTING :p: .

Make sure that the TAPE PLAY switch is set to SOURCE. Set SELECTOR to FM AUTO or AM.

If you don't get any sound thru the headphones further checking is required incl. the fuses.

Also, when you power it up, listen carefully for the protection relay to pick-up - about 5 seconds after power on. There is no "Ready" light - you have to listen for it.

Finally, use the meters to check for activity - they should show movement even if the speakers are not switched on if you are in FM AUTO and have the FM MUTING OFF set off (in), have tuned for a signal and the volume is set at 50% or so.

Paul

Originally posted by Morden2004
WhiteSE:

Also, when you power it up, listen carefully for the protection relay to pick-up - about 5 seconds after power on. There is no "Ready" light - you have to listen for it.

Finally, use the meters to check for activity - they should show movement even if the speakers are not switched on if you are in FM AUTO and have the FM MUTING OFF set off (in), have tuned for a signal and the volume is set at 50% or so.

Paul

I definitely head the 5 sec interval on turn on..radio meters showed good strength...Headphones tomorrow!!

25 bucks, I would buy it working or not.
If not working, even the knobs on ebay would probably cover your cost.

Back
Top Bottom