BobEDigital

hey guys, I was replacing some lamps on my 7070 and whoever initially replaced them... whooofda. I'll have pictures at the bottom. Essentially they soldered the lamp ends shut and used wires to light bulbs. I clipped them out and was putting the new ones in one at a time and clearing old solder, etc. Well, I got confident or distracted and left the amp on during the last lamp assembly. As soon as I realized it the tip of my iron touched an end and kaput, the amp went dark. No pops, no clicks, no smoke, no smell. The fuse in the back is fine.

I'm a rank amateur when it comes to things beyond general repair and lack the hours in this field to effectively troubleshoot it. I love this receiver, I hope I didn't cost myself a good chunk of money here....

Let me know what your course(s) of action would be.

Another note, I know for sure a ball of solder didn't escape and roll through, so I'm sure that's not it.

:( I'm sad

Attachments

• IMG_6305.JPG
    IMG_6305.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6304.JPG
    IMG_6304.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 31
F-2526 is the power supply (mother)board Should be 3 or 4 fuses on it. F01 - F04.
F04 is for the lamp circuit.

Ok. So. All of the fuses on the board and DO1 and DO2 are testing out for continuity. That's really all I need to see out of fuses, right?

Having said that, what's the next step in this journey?

Did you remove the fuses from the board and ohms test them ?

If not your measuring continuity through the transformer windings as well as the lamp circuit. Whether the fuse is good or bad.

Last edited:
Egg? On my face???? No way....
So I tested the wall outlet. And then with the cover open I was going to test the inside leads for similar voltage (you know how when you're supposed to mow the lawn you work in the garden instead). Well, right as I ready the probes I hear the tell tale click if the power amp clicking on...

So the issue at hand is now I have no lights, but all other functions, including VU meters are fine. So, it's obviously on F2627 (illumination board. I'll check that bad boy out and return with results.

I can't get the board out through the bottom. I'll have to flip it over and see if I can get at it from the top. If not this whole gal has to get undressed.

I can't get the board out through the bottom. I'll have to flip it over and see if I can get at it from the top. If not this whole gal has to get undressed.
What board ? The fuse should just snap out of the fuse clips. The F-2627 is a narrow board right behind the tuner dial lamps up top.

I was looking for easier acces fro. The bottom panel, no go there. I'm getting her right side up now. I need a work bench, you think my fiancé will understand?

Back
Top Bottom