Sansui 7070 refurb... parts list?

Steady Eddie

Hey guys, new member.

As I stated in my intro, I have some tech chops, I've maintained and built guitar tube amps.
I've got a 7070 receiver I'd really like to put some love into. Other than the obvious, which is the electrolytic capacitors, what should I change on this?

I'm sure, due to the popularity of this receiver, that someone has done this job before. Anyone have any parts lists? I have already downloaded and printed out the service manual.

I'd like to put some really nice components into this and make it something special.

And if not, at least tell me what parts I should be changing besides the electros, any particular resistors, diodes, transistors, etc?
I COULD replace every component on every board, but that would be expensive and probably unnecessary.
Any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
Ed

My apologies, this wasn't getting any replies here and it occurred to me that it might be better in the Sansui forum. I'll delete this, if needed.

Hey guys, new member.

As I stated in my intro, I have some tech chops, I've maintained and built guitar tube amps.
I've got a 7070 receiver I'd really like to put some love into. Other than the obvious, which is the electrolytic capacitors, what should I change on this?

I'm sure, due to the popularity of this receiver, that someone has done this job before. Anyone have any parts lists? I have already downloaded and printed out the service manual.

I'd like to put some really nice components into this and make it something special.

The service manual for the 7070 has a complete listing re parts and part numbers. The service manual is available, and free at: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/7070.shtml

Hey guys, new member.

I used to have one that I restored. I don't think I had to change out any transistors or resistors, just the electrolytics. The only other thing I did was regrease the mica insulators on output transistors. The 7070 is a great receiver and well worth the effort.

Allan

Back
Top Bottom