Sansui 771 rookie mistake

Hello everyone, this is my first post and i just want to thank everybody in advance for any and all help / knowledge that you guys can bestow upon me . I picked up a very nice little Sansui 771 last night that had two of its fuse style lamps burned out. I needed to pull the wires going to board # F-1479-2 in order to remove the lamp casing . I wrote down the colors of the wires in the order of placement , installed new bulbs , mounted the lamp fixture and realized there were more pins than wires.
I am hoping someone with a 771 would be so kind to pop the hood and tell me the color of the wire to the correct numbered pin. This is on the left side near the tuner meter. Thanks all

Does this help?
771 Tune meter.jpg

Is your user name a John Prine quote?

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

well Hello in there , yes it is a John Prine Quote. Now i know what a poke is HAHAHA. Thank you for the photo but i still cannot see which color goes to which pin. The pins in question are 08 - 13 with two ground pins so a total of eight pins but i only have six wires ( blue , green, violet , black , red and orange ) . Thus my dilemma HAHAHA. I cannot believe i made this mistake, i just did not notice extra pins. My grandson was here last night and now to make matters worse he threw away my list of the order the colors were in . Its a great working / sounding receiver that i am thinking will go nicely with my Altec A-7 VOT in the garage , i have a 551 on them now but a little more power would be nice. Thanks Pete , Richard

Last edited:
Here are some better pictures. You should be able to see it now. One is a little blurry but you should be able to see what you need.

- Pete

771 pin connections 2.jpg

771 pin connections.jpg

Nice!. I'm rebuilding the cover on my 8010. The vent slots were broken out when I got it. I've removed them all and glued a new strip of thin plywood in the opening and will apply new veneer and cut new slots. I'll post a picture when it's done.

- Pete

Nice!. I'm rebuilding the cover on my 8010. The vent slots were broken out when I got it. I've removed them all and glued a new strip of thin plywood in the opening and will apply new veneer and cut new slots. I'll post a picture when it's done.

- Pete
Looking forward to seeing that , i have a couple pieces ( non-sansui) with the same issue. I have two 9090 covers that i am re-veneering for a friend that i really need to get busy on. Richard

9090 covers are a lot of work to re-veneer. It's a bit of a trick to get the old veneer off and then you have to deal with angled edges.

- Pete

9090 covers are a lot of work to re-veneer. It's a bit of a trick to get the old veneer off and then you have to deal with angled edges.

- Pete
I have done an 8080 and they are not fun. I did a pair of HPM-100s not too long ago that turned out nicely. Just ran into Johnny fever at a garage sale this morning , damn guy beat me by minutes to a pioneer TT and some JBL speakers LOL. The 9090 covers i am doing are his.
Richard

Just wanted to thank LBPete for photos. I took photos of my wiring before relamping 771, and my phone hung up and didn't save the photo :(. These photos really helped to put all the pins back in the right spots.

Glad to help. This turned out to be a twofer. Can you post your serial number for the database?

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom