1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui 771 Signal meter bulb

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by summitradio, Oct 10, 2018.

1. summitradio

summitradio New Member

Looking for the teeny tiny bulbs that light the signal meter needle.
    Any leads?

Thanks

Please register to disable this ad.

2. milo63

milo63 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I bought some 8V 3mm LED bulbs online for my 881 meters. To be honest the 3mm LEDs won't work with the plastic "sockets" so you just end up adding heat shrink to keep them in position.

3mm or 4mm 8V, either will work. eBay seller projectblk86 has been a great help.

3. summitradio

summitradio New Member

Thanks I ordered the led set.

milo63 likes this.
  4. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

Before going through the trouble of changing that bulb, be sure that the old bulb has power when the function switch is in the AM or FM position. I'm pretty sure the 771 switches that pointer off when in Phono, tape or aux. If the AM/FM contacts on the function switch are dirty, that could keep the bulb from lighting.

- Pete

5. summitradio

summitradio New Member

Thanks Pete Ill check again. Has anyone removed the signal meter? Mine has a bunch of dust on the bottom of it.

6. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

Sansui typically used a really strong double sided tape to hold them in place. They are very difficult to remove without damaging them.

- Pete

Please register to disable this ad.

7. milo63

milo63 AK Subscriber Subscriber

On my 881 the back is held on with clear tape, just slice at the seam and with a little love you can work it loose.
    I tried taking off the dial glass but there seemed to be another glass over the meter.

YMMV

8. summitradio

summitradio New Member

So I took apart the signal meter. The plastic backing plate where the meter is mounted is glued to the metal box that is mounted to the front plate. Careful prying with a knife freed the meter and allowed me to clean the meter and inside the glass and box. I await the LED lamps I ordered to come in before re-assembly.

Attached Files: