1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui 8 differences

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by Harvey/ Ga, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Karl Ty

Karl Ty New Member

Hey guys, so I'm being offered both an 8 (haven't checked if it has the relay) and 8 deluxe at 100 bucks difference (deluxe being more expensive) which one should i get?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. greymatter

greymatter AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have the Deluxe , have not heard the 8 . So not much help but the deluxe isn't going anywhere soon . Unless stupid money comes my way . I would still probably not part with it for 8 Benjamins. They are getting harder and harder to find and the price just keeps going through the roof. Just my 2 cents.

3. Karl Ty

Karl Ty New Member

I
    Just found out that the tuner lights go out when you switch it to different inputs. Is there any way to Disable this?? I like my tuner lights on all the time

4. greymatter

I am sure there is . But I am not the guy to offer any suggestions . I am sure someone will chime in .

5. dlucy

dlucy dlucy67 (Doug) Subscriber

There is a mod for this or a similar model somewhere here on AK, but it is not simple.

6. dlucy

7. Karl Ty

Karl Ty New Member

Yang
    Thank you for the vote of confidence. I really want one but those lights not being on during phono or aux is a deal breaker

8. Karl Ty

Karl Ty New Member

9. Karl Ty

Karl Ty New Member

Would you know if this worked on the 8D?

10. greymatter

The display lites up only on Fm and Am band.

11. dlucy

I do not know if it would work for you. What I was hoping to convey was stuff like this has been done and AK is a great place to get exactly this kind of help.

I am 50% through my first big Sansui restoration, a solid state 7000, so I have a little experience with a related model, but zero experience with the Eight or Eight Deluxe.

My recommendation to you is: make a new thread specifically on modding the model you want, refernce the thread I linked above, and ask others for help. I can ink that's your best path to answering "can it be done" and "how it is done".

12. stereofun

stereofun Super Member

Yes, you can mod both the Eight and deluxe to keep on lights at any input. I haven't done the mod, but it is not for the faint of heart. I think Sansui tried to say, - - hey this is not a receiver, but a serious integrated amp that happens to have a build in tuner for which we will provide light only when you need it ;-)

They are both difficult to work on, but the Deluxe is much easier to adjust. It also sounds a tad more refined imo, but the difference is no more than what can quickly be offset by individual condition of the amp.

13. fredgarvin

fredgarvin AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sansui Eight Deluxe is the Engineer's receiver!