Sansui 8080 tuning anomally.

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Dale Beaver, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Dale Beaver

Dale Beaver New Member

I have one FM station 100.5 that has a weak left channel in stereo mode. It comes in OK(3 out of 5 signal strength) but has this problem. All other stations work OK. If I switch to mono the output is equal. The station works ok in my car stereo.Any ideas are appreciated

2. Punker X

Punker X AK Subscriber Subscriber

Odd one. Other than some type of interference from another station I can't think of anything. If on the bench I would check with a signal generator on 100.5. Would probably be OK. Try moving it to a different room and changing the position of your antenna.

3. 39cross

39cross AK Subscriber Subscriber

There is a station I listen to that does this sometimes, it seems to be equipment related at the station itself. I notice the channels are unequal, confirm by switching in another tuner, later on it's back to normal. So it is possible it's the station and not your tuner, if it's not an antenna or location issue.

4. loudnoises

loudnoises Escalates Quickly Subscriber

There's an offender on my dial as well. if it's just one station...

When you see hoofprints, think horses, not zebras. *

*unless you live somewhere in which zebras are more common than horses. in this case please reverse the two.

Hyperion likes this.
  5. Dale Beaver

Dale Beaver New Member

It must be the station because it does the same on an Optimus STAV-3780 I have.

6. Dale Beaver

Dale Beaver New Member

It seems there was a station issue. It is working OK now.