1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui 8080DB

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by AlTinkster92, Jul 12, 2017.

1. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi folks, just a question if I may. Getting ready to use Deoxit on the controls of my receiver. Best way to access the controls by removing the bottom plate or reach in from the top? In particular I really need to get to the selector switch. Thanks in advance! :) Al

2. tnsilver

tnsilver Super Member

For the selector switch you're gonna have to pop the top off, but while at it, you might as well unscrew the bottom and do the tone control pots and whatever you can reach with the nozzle.

3. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

You really need to do a good deal of disassembly to get to all the push switches and Dolby controls. The top has to come off, the bottom has to come off and the tuner tray needs to be removed. I always take the face plate off too and usually remove the front rail from the chassis. Then you have good access to everything.

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

4. AlTinkster92

Thanks guys, appreciate the help! Will post the serial number when I get it pulled out from the wall... Anyone have pics of the tuner try off one of these? Wondering how hard or complicated it is... AL

5. LBPete

Look at the tuner from the top. There are 8 phillips screws with domed heads arranged around the outer edges of the tray. Take those screws out and the tray lifts off. Be sure to take pictures of any connectors you remove so you get them back in the right place. It will come off without removing the face plate but it's better to have that off too. If memory serves there are a couple of tiny screws in the top of the face plate that may screw into an edge on the tuner tray.

- Pete

6. AlTinkster92

Thanks Pete, I do believe I will run to Lowes and pick up a magnetic screwdriver, I know me.......:) Al

7. LBPete

Take lots of "before" pictures. You may need them later.

- Pete