Sansui 907 iMOS LIMITED with klipsch ?

quadklipsh

hi guys ,
i was just wondering how the old sansui amps from the late 80s and through the 90s sound like.
Recently a friend was selling his sansui alpha 907 i MOS LIMITED, and i was just thinking of acquiring it for Rs.29000 .

Over the years i have had experience with a couple of england made amps.
They are less watts but generally very neat sounders , and musicality is a bliss.
I used to enjoy japanese amps , but later switched to american made or english amplifiers , namely the old marantz esotec pm 6 , the quad 303,Albarry pp1 and the arcam 9.
Could you guys please enlighten me if this sansui is worth keeping amidst these nice amps that i have owned at a budget price ?
Also please tell about the nature of this sansui amp, and its sonic characteristics.
I shall be using the following speakers for stereo listening.....
Klipsch RF3 (mostly )
fostex RM 8 00 bookshelf speakers
pioneer SLH 5

waiting for some juicy input from audio experts at sansui .....
Thanks !!!

That is an amplifier which many here would give their eye-teeth to own - me included.

Rs is Indian Rupees correct ? so Rs 29,000 = £335 or $525 approx - sounds like a very good deal.

I do not know how good a match synergy-wise, the amplifier would be to your speakers.

Note: further talk of monetary value should be conducted in the "Dollars and Sense" forum - I think my text above is just acceptable here.

Last edited:
A Sansui AU-a907i MOS Limited is one ' super fine ' amp.

If all the MOS chips work, and the amp sounds fine as in totally operational ... I'd be on that amp immediately before it ' slips away '.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
yup the amp has been genuine so far.
i just dont know how this one is really different from the sansui models like 607 aud 707 etc ...as those are everywhere in the market and i dont fancy any of em .
also they dont dont even have the looks......
and if it would this amp be really a true step up over my current collection of amps.

id say

convert em to my pak rupees and that makes it an even better deal.
I wanna know how does it match with the reference klipsch.
The amp maybe a sublime piece of engineering but it could be a bad mate for a given speakers ,thats where i seek advice from the sansui/klipsch owners ...

i have been toiling with the combo and comparing it to the klipsch marantz esotec pm6 and the klipsch quad 303 combinations .
to my ears , sansui has a flatter responce whereas the quad has a better midrange . And the marantz is sweeter yet a bit loose in the upper bass .
That being said , my hands down favourite has been quad .and i am yet to experience an integrated that can beat the pleasurable sound it delivers...

Back
Top Bottom