Sansui 9090 red protection light blinking

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by radioterry, Jun 18, 2017.

1. radioterry

radioterry Active Member

My Sansui 9090 has not been used in a while so I hooked it up and, while the receiver is working with clear sound output and the FM, Stereo, Aux, Dolby, etc. lamps will light up and those functions work, the red protection light continues to blink and never turns green. I also have to turn the volume up pretty far to get a loud output. I have checked the speaker cables, etc. with no luck. Any obvious things that I am overlooking, missing or other ideas?

TIA,

Terry

2. Hipocrates

Hipocrates AK Subscriber Subscriber

Usually that's have to do with the driver board in this case F-2436, check for fuse resistors. I would start there.
    And check for bias and offset too

3. tnsilver

tnsilver Super Member

It doesn't sound healthy to me. If the relay clicks but the green led never lights up, it could be a failed resistor (one of the 1.5KOhms on the path to the led board) or an EC on the protection circuit (F2547). If the relay doesn't click, it could be welded engaged and requires urgent maintenance / replacement.

4. radioterry

radioterry Active Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I will move this one and move on to my Pioneer SM-B 201.

5. faber12

faber12 AK Subscriber Subscriber

If the protection light is red and blinking but you are still getting audio, there is something wrong. I would be worried about damage to speakers if this is not repaired.

6. freQ(*)Oddio

freQ(*)Oddio We tried to talk it over but words got in the way Subscriber

2 resistors, if you are DIY the board pops right out and resistors are easy to get to and replace.

7. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Super Member

Sounds like it's time to rebuild that bad boy....