Sansui 9090db green protector light, no output

Good work that transistor, ... I still don't know well, what sub will do the trick, but just in case you can find them here.
http://www.sansui-vintage.com/index.php (no affiliation)
Any general purpose transistor can be subbed here, doesn't have to be very high HFE or FT...
Ive even used KSC1845 in the Au999 before, they work just fine....some people get all "must be original or it wont work properly" about it, but I have not found that at all...

Any general purpose transistor can be subbed here, doesn't have to be very high HFE or FT...
Ive even used KSC1845 in the Au999 before, they work just fine....some people get all "must be original or it wont work properly" about it, but I have not found that at all...

I could use a few more KSC1845's they seem to work in several places...

I have KSA1142 and KSA1013 but I'm not sure why, I must have come across them in some sub thread

1. Keep working with the DBT connected.
2. Disconnect Driver Board (F2624)
3. Please let us know what voltages are you reading here:

View attachment 1249180

4. Give us pictures of F-2624 and F2656 with the best resolution possible.
5. Are the outputs and emitter resistors OK?

Does anyone know if these voltages are correct for 9090db? They are different than what is listed in the manual @ hifi engine

Internal voltages remain the same guys. These are the voltages on the secondary side of the power transformer.

B48444FC-8BD2-4A1B-B9F2-BD7466086DD0.jpeg
anyway.... how the prject going?

Gettin there...

Sounds good on some $78 polks from best buy. Running tidal masters off a macbook...

Still some tone control issues, the signal intermittent fall out then toggle switches/pots and comes back.

I’m tracking VR04 (bias trim pot) on F2624. Pinout voltages are -500mV, 397mV, and 397mV. VR04 (which bias’ perfectly) shows -575mV, 410mV, and 583mV.

Why the balaced legs on (VR04) the side that wont bias past 7mA?

EDIT: those legs are balanced on both pots my measuring was wrong...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom