Sansui 9090db green protector light, no output

So I kinda turned this resto/repair into a few diff threads. Figured I'd follow up on the original one for an update.

At one point I thought I fried the circuit backfeeding an iPod into the preout. I regained the signal by working/cleaning tone controls but in the process lost my dolby functions. I reflowed pass throughs with copper strands for continuity.

I left F 2654 installed which made the dolby board easy to separate (I had just cleaned these switches while chasing my signal issue). My ribbon connectors were in very good shape so I left them. I just used a solder wick run the length of the ribbon connector alternating pins as I went so as not to heat one spot too much. A few passes and the ribbon slipped out clean.

I agree with LBPete when he instructs to not reflow passthroughs with board in unit as that old solder is inconsistent. You could easily lose a bead and cause major problems.

Reflowing the board made an instant noticeable sonic improvement, and I can sleep well now knowing that this obsolete tech functions perfectly. I had to pull the tuner and prop it up slightly and off to the side to align the dolby meters with the 1000hz tone, is there another way?

Anyone trying to find a TR-09 TR-10 2SC984 sub substitute, this is working well at this point.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/9090db-f2624-tr017-2sa733-substitute.832112/

She sounds awesome and I'm stoked

db1.jpgdb2.jpgdb3.jpgIMG_1836.jpg

Back
Top Bottom