Sansui 9090db help

It would probably be better if you give your location. If somebody here lives close to you they may be able to recommend a shop or person who can do the work. If you can't find somebody local to you to do the work then at least the shipping won't be a killer for just the board.

The only shop I know that does this kind of work is Magnetic Tape in Louisville, Ky. I don't have any experience with them but have read about satisfied customers.

It would probably be better if you give your location. If somebody here lives close to you they may be able to recommend a shop or person who can do the work. If you can't find somebody local to you to do the work then at least the shipping won't be a killer for just the board.

The only shop I know that does this kind of work is Magnetic Tape in Louisville, Ky. I don't have any experience with them but have read about satisfied customers.[

Amp was in protect mode, he got one Chanel going , told me other board was in really bad shape. And told me I needed to find another f2624 output driver. I’ve searched for over a year now with no luck. So I’m trying to see about rebuilt board now.fyi I’m not taking amp back to same shop. I don’t feel they ate qualified to do the work.

There are modern replacements or NOS parts available for all of the components on the F-2624 driver board. It's completely rebuildable provided it isn't severely burned. You need to find a tech familiar with vintage equipment.
"And told me I needed to find another f2624 output driver"
Are you talking about the driver transistors on the driver board, 2SD381 and 2SB536?
For the 2SD381 use either a KSC3296Y or MJE15032. For the 2SB536, use either KSA1304Y or MJE15033G. These are available from suppliers like Mouser or Digikey.

- Pete

The tech that worked on my unit said the board is in pretty bad shape, he suggested finding a new one , but not sure how competent he is, he was not willing to do the work on rebuilding board.

The tech that worked on my unit said the board is in pretty bad shape, he suggested finding a new one , but not sure how competent he is, he was not willing to do the work on rebuilding board.
You can get new ones, but usually that board can be restore... do you have pics of the board in question?

Please post pictures of both sides of the board. I've never one of these boards that couldn't be repaired. It could be as simple as replacing the fuseable resistors.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom