Sansui 9090db question.

Steveomatic

Hi,

Can speaker "B" be used for a subwoofer if I am using normal floor speakers in speaker "A". I am currently using a pair Klipsch Heresy's with my 9090db in "A" but would like to add a Subwoofer but I am not sure how to hook it up correctly.

Thanks!
Steve

Most subs have both left and right inputs. So you will get both channels utilizing the tape outs of the 9090db.

Can't use B for the sub. The 9090DB puts the A and B in series when running both. Use the second preamp out jacks.

Rob

Can't use B for the sub. The 9090DB puts the A and B in series when running both. Use the second pre amp out jacks.

Rob

Rob, Sorry for such a late reply to your comments. The second preamp out has a u-connector going from the out (left & right) to the Main in (left & right). If I plug into the second pre amp out as you recommend I will have to remove the U-connector. Is that ok or should I use the first pre amp out? Also, once I do this if, the volume is all the way down will I still hear the sub because of connecting it this way, will the volume knob control it?

Thanks for your help!

Use preamp out 1. Preamp out level is controlled by the volume, so you will have control over the sub.

Your sub has low/line level inputs?

Rob

Use preamp out 1. Preamp out level is controlled by the volume, so you will have control over the sub.

Your sub has low/line level inputs?

Rob

So why on your original post did you recommend using preamp 2? Is their a difference between 1 and 2?

I just meant the second set, not specifically #2. They are exactly the same.

But yes, I was not really thinking about which pre out was jumpered to the amp in.

Rob

I just meant the second set, not specifically #2. They are exactly the same.

But yes, I was not really thinking about which pre out was jumpered to the amp in.

Rob

Thanks for the info. I hooked up my subwoofer the way you suggested and it sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom