Sansui 9090db recap

BearsFan

Hi Guys,

This may not be the correct forum to ask this question, but are there any New England ( Boston area) vintage techs sponsored by this site who do recaps? I have 2 pieces, one a 9090DB and a 8080DB that I want to restore and keep for life. They both pass for a 8 to 9 cosmetically and they both function well. Just tossing it out there, if I need to go elsewhere on the site, please steer me accordingly.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I think it's fine right here, note that the business side of any transaction (should you get a 'bite') must be via private message - now known as a 'Conversation'

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

This may not be the correct forum to ask this question, but are there any New England ( Boston area) vintage techs sponsored by this site who do recaps? I have 2 pieces, one a 9090DB and a 8080DB that I want to restore and keep for life. They both pass for a 8 to 9 cosmetically and they both function well. Just tossing it out there, if I need to go elsewhere on the site, please steer me accordingly.
Thanks!
Hey BearsFan.

Any luck with this?

I might be interested in the same.

Thanks
Mike

Hey BearsFan.

Any luck with this?

I might be interested in the same.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, no luck yet. The vintage tech guys are getting scarcer, especially up this way. I still use these units, they are working but they are original so the caps and fuse resistors are certainly suspect! Thanks for replying.

Actually I posted there.

That guy Scott is good for general maintenance but I'm not sure about serious refurb.
I guess I won't know until I ask!

Back
Top Bottom