Sansui 9090db

Brillobob

Greetings, first post. The beast turns on, goes green after red protection light flashes, then nothing works. No movement on power meters or am/fm signal meters. No sound out of speakers. Took off lid, q-tipped deoxit to clean off dust and switches. Same result. Much respect for all you vintage audio gurus out there, but if anyone has guidance, please use small words.

Greetings, first post. The beast turns on, goes green after red protection light flashes, then nothing works. No movement on power meters or am/fm signal meters. No sound out of speakers. Took off lid, q-tipped deoxit to clean off dust and switches. Same result. Much respect for all you vintage audio gurus out there, but if anyone has guidance, please use small words.
are the metal preamp to poweramp loops missing on the back, is the speaker selector switch on the correct speaker outputs you are using a/b? this knob could be on wrong pointing to the wrong setting also , if removed at one time , is the tape monitor button pushed in.

you should plug a source into the aux, like tape or cd player, the radio may not be getting a signal so rule that out

The preamp and power amp metal loops are in place. I tried a CD player in the aux inputs, no sound. I tried all positions on the speaker select knob to rule out that brainfart, same with the tape monitor switches.

What other gear do you have?

If you have headphones, if you have a volume controlled source, if you have another stereo that can take an aux input then we can start checking sections of the 9090db.

Of course you have the manuals in front of you, don't you? All available on hifiengine, sign up and download.

I did get the schematic from hifiengine. Holy cow. What language is that in? I have another small receiver. Do I use the rca connectors like I'm hooking up a CD player? I'll go get the manual printed. Damn headphones are a 1/8in jack. I'll look around for an adapter.

Printing up the service manual. My wife, the electrician, is going to help me check the fuses. Thank you, gentlemen, your help is greatly appreciated. What did we do without the internet?

What did we do without the internet?
I had to wait.

A pair of tube amps main power tube NLA but a mod could be done to use currently available tubes. Internet got me the manual to do the mod. A year later a tube knowledgeable AK was part of our audio group and he dropped by. Made it work with just one jumper. Had to have the internet to do this myself with friends instead of some shop which may or may not have known about this mod.

Back
Top Bottom