Sansui 9900/11000 Recap

Fredrik 1977

I have one of these on the bench and have ordered the parts for a recap
And a726/c1313 replacements.
New relay and so on.

Searched this site and found no thread with pics of some digging around in this amp..

My question is would there be any interest in such? I could easily take some pics as i go about this project.

Sansui rules!:) Fredrik

Last edited:
Ok ok...hold your horses:)

The Stuff i ordered is still in the mailsystem.:) On its way from germany...

Last edited:
Ok Fredrik, only pulling-your-leg. :D

Please don't feel under any pressure to provide many pictures, as it is quite a labour to do it while you are concentrating on the restore itself. ;)

Whatever you can post up will be appreciated I am absolutely sure. :thumbsup: I find I take more pictures than I post up. As quite a few might be record shots - for my use only (during reassembly) - and tell me what 'I' want to know, but may otherwise not be of great interest. :)

Ofcourse ill get some pics up here.
They seem sourly needed.

Might get some good tips from u guys along the way also. Winwin!

This amp looks bigger than the 80wpc in the spec! Sort of sx-1250 Huge transformer!

Last edited:
And please include some before / after listening impressions. I am really Keen on this amp too.

Många hälsningar från en dansker i USA

Lots of us have been through the 9900, some might even be coaxed to offer their 02's :)
Pics are a wonderful thing to share.
-Lee

Fredrik I will be getting mine in two weeks time. I was thinking to do the same but dont know where to start.
Appreciate if you can list down all the caps that need to be change.

hi!

i will get this show on the road as soon as all the stuff arrive in the mail. swedish post system isnt what it used to be :(

i´ll get some pictures up here also once i start pulling the amp apart. so just tag along and feel fre to ask questions.

about cap list..i wasnt gonna post one but since your asking i´ll post what i have written down on paper before i ordered.

here we go!
these are original values.

Main Caps
4pcs 6800/63 with screw terminals. 52mm dia, max height is 80mm.
i will be replacing these with F&T 50x80mm screw terminal caps.
they are however a little bigger, 22000/63 lol the place i ordered were out of 10000/100

Driverboard
2 100/10 Bi-Polar
2 220/16
4 100/80
4 3,3/63
2 1/50

RIAA/PRE/tone
2 1,5/50 foil side riaa
4 10/50
6 1/50 BP
12? 3,3 BP ( i have written down 13?) strange i´ll look in to it. (i ordered 20)

Reg psu / protection (stick-in board)
2 220/80
4 100/50
1 100/16
2 10/50
1 330/6,3
1 220/10 BP

psu/protection relay
2 470/80
4 47/80
2 3,3/50
1 100/16
1 33/50

then there is a total of
6 2sa726
10 2sc1313
10 2sa798
4 DS-430 Diodes on driver board, replace with 1N4148

i´ll update if i see i have missed any.

Last edited:
Awesome! I’ll be following this with interest. I have an AU-9900 that I need to do a complete disassembly and reassembly. I want to sand blast the rust off of the metal where it is, replace the caps as required, and while I’m in there, I’m planning on optimizing the components where it makes sense. This will be a slow process for me as my expertise (very rusty) lies in computers.

OK the package finally arrived, somewhat smashed but its just some caps and a relay inside and lots of shipping foam.

if there is anyone in here who doesnt know how the amp looks.

it looks like this.

006.JPG
005.JPG
003.JPG

First PCB (F-2568) pulled
its the regulated psu. and part of protection circuit.
there are 2more A726 and 4 C1313 on these ones i had missed:)
but what do you say guys should i replace or keep?

also there is a SV-02 diode on this board, i´ve heard that these are no good and gotta go.
007.JPG

Last edited:
im gonna keep C16, since the 220 cap i got was a polar.either messup by me or the place i ordered. i guess this is the startup delay cap for the speaker relay.?

will not place an order for one cap:) so i´ll leave it for now and get back to that one later, the closest BP caps i had in stock in my chaos room is 100uf.

the original 220BP cap tests pretty good
011.JPG
l

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom