Sansui A-909 amp and T-909 tuner

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
I just bought a mint A-909 amp and T-909 tuner. got them both for 50 bucks. I think these were rack system pieces but none the less they are quite nice to look at and should work out fine as my new office system.
They have not arrived yet and I really know very little about them except that they are supposed to work perfect, I know from the pics that they look the part.
Do any of you folks here know about these two Sansui pieces? I bought a little Sansui rack amp once before. Only saw the face and when I received it the thing was only about 6 inches deep. Although a competant performer it would not stand up to the more serious Sansui scrutiny. I kept it for several months, sold it only because I didnt like the side view of only about 6 inches, couldnt put anything on top of it.

Yes, these A model integrateds and T models tuners are their combo rack models that Sansui made in abundance in the 80's, I believe the first ones came out in '80- the R-50& R-30 receivers, and A-80, A-60.. amps along with the matching tuners. And in each year in the 80's, Sansui made generations more of them- with combo rack power amps, cass decks, turntables, and speakers as well. I think most of them are decent, certainly not as good as the more ruggedly built amps in the line at the time, but decent. Should work ok for use in an office system.

B/F

A-909

What power rating was the A-909???
Doesnt really matter as it will be in such a small room but I am curious just the same. . .

70W rms. The 9 models were usually the largest model in the Line, so in this case, the A-707 and A-505 were 50W & 30W, respectively. Dates back to approx 1983.

B/F

pic??

This is a pic from the auction. . . I am sure to post a nicer pic. The amp is a slick looking bugger.

Recording Studio former owner here and listener/player of music for 45 years (or more) ... I love my AU-D9, AU-G99X, AU 7900... and had AU 11000, 2) AU-D11 mkii, 2) AU 717, 4) AU 317, and many of the receivers Sansui built. The A 909 is IMO, and as stated above, decent (read Better than Most) ... in fact every time I turn it on [trying to talk myself into selling it] I wind up being surprised again at how much I like this thing's sound. Yes I need to spray out the contacts way too often, and I don't love the silly clear plastic switch buttons—but, dammit anyhow—It sounds GOOD!
Those Sansui engineers just wouldn't give up on the sound.

Back
Top Bottom