Sansui Alpha 907 Extra?

Cafad

Would anyone happen to know if this amp actually exists?
I've found pics of both the Alpha 607 Extra and the Alpha 707 Extra but google cannot find me any of the Alpha 907 Extra so I was wondering if maybe that particular model series was incomplete.

Apart from a mention here:

http://www.sansui.us/Issues_IntvsDomestic.htm

Where there are no pics to back it up, I can find no evidence of a 907 in the 1988 "Extra" series. Plenty of the "L Extra" but none without the "L".

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks for the reply JOMARK911 but I'm afraid I don't see the amp I am looking for on that site. I see an F Extra, an Alpha L Extra and a G Extra but no plain old Alpha 907 Extra in the 907s listed.

I've spent the last 6 months perusing Yahoo Aleado and Hifido regularly (and ebay, although it is of limited use when it comes to Sansui Alphas) and I've seen every other 907 model except the Alpha 907 Extra, hence my question in the original post, does it exist?

Technically I'm searching for evidence it exits first. Once I've got that then I can search for one.

I've been trying to do it the other way around, which has been complicating matters.

Exactly the info I was chasing, thank you richka. That link was excellent, I'll be bookmarking it for further reading later.

As I thought there was no model 907 in the extra series. Question answered.

New info seems to have come to light.
I don't know what to think now. Any suggestions? The page with these pics is the only evidence I have found that this model exists.
907extra.jpg 907 extra 1.jpg

It's the same amp. Sansui used the L for the next model with the bigger beefier power supply , like they did with the B2301 , later named B2301L.

Are you sure about that. The L Extra was the first appearance of the LAPT tech so I don't see how it could be the same as the model before it if it introduced new tech.

LAPT was used in some models. Like 2302 , and others. It's not something special.
Just some marketing . It means Linear amplification Power Transistor, with the Non Magnetic prefix before that. NM LAPT. It's not a new tech but rather a game of words.

It's the same amp. Sansui used the L for the next model with the bigger beefier power supply , like they did with the B2301 , later named B2301L.

Well if that is the case at least the larger power supply means it isn't quite the same amp.

Well to my understanding it means the same architecture in the power stage with a beefier power supply. Like a bigger transformer. It is the same amp.
What is your point?

To my way of thinking a different power supply is a decent enough difference between models so I wouldn't call it the same amp.

And my point, as much as I have one, is the same as its always been. I didn't think the Alpha 907 Extra existed at all, and that one auction page is still the only information I have found that says that it does. So if anyone else has any evidence that the model exists (my current line of thinking is that there may have been several working examples but that it wasn't offered for sale as a mass market model) beyond my single picture I would very much like to know.

I realize that it is listed here: http://www.sansui.us/Issues_IntvsDomestic.htm
as a link but that page that it links to only shows pictures of a 607 and a 707, the 907 is absent.

Also here: http://translate.google.com/transla...tp://page.freett.com/knisi/sansui07.htm&hl=en
It is claimed that there was no Alpha 907 Extra model and that the Alpha Extra model series topped out at the 707.

Back
Top Bottom