1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

SANSUI AU-α607 MOS Premium

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by jameswei, Jun 14, 2017.

1. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

Just pick it up this evening and had one hour of listening session. First impression, nice high and detail mid but lacking bass

Attached Files:

pete_mac likes this.
  2. rasenthiran

rasenthiran Well-Known Member

How does it compare to your pre/power B/C-2102? I do find my B/C-2101 also Bass shy but plenty of detail.

3. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Congratulations! nice amplifier, get ready with the serial number - I think I hear LBPete approaching :D

4. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

I pair my B/C 2102 with KEF 105/3, so the bass department is alright. I am running the 607 MOS Premium with Spendor 3sp/1 plus Monitor Audio Radius 380 so that solves the bass shy problem as well. I should of taken the serial number before I hook everything up and now I will have to do some more lifting because this thing is heavy.:eek:

5. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

6. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

Can someone tell me the best way to connect my self powered Monitor Audio Radius 380 to my Sansui integrated amp such as AU-X901, Au-X711 and 607 Mos Premium? Right now the way I do it is I connect through RCA into process (send) but the result is not ideal due to no control over volume.

7. SansuiJavier

SansuiJavier New Member

Congratulations on your new Sansui creature !!! I also have the alpha 607 DR and I do not notice a lack of bass, it is amazing the forcefulness and detail of this little alpha. It could be the combination with the speakers? ... (mine with celestion ditton 66) .I think these equipments are not designed for auto amplified speakers ... Who can confirm?

8. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

I am getting a Sansui AU-717 tomorrow so I heard that people used the tape loop for sub woofer, how does that work?

9. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

He beat me to it. I had forgotten how much nagging was involved in keeping up the database.

- Pete

Hyperion likes this.
  10. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I only listen to this 717 for an hour and I like it a lot, very detailed and lots of head room, sounded bigger than the 85 watts rating.

AUD101 likes this.
  11. Hyperion

AU-717's are very nice.

Pictures don't show. :(

12. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

[​IMG] upload_2017-6-17_22-16-34.png

Attached Files:

13. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

Can you see the pictures?The next one that I am thinking about getting is the AU-9500, can someone tell me if the AU-9500 sounds similar to the AU-717?

14. Hyperion

:thumbsup:

15. JOMARK911

JOMARK911 Super Member

Nope not alike those two. 717 is a much better sounding amp, detailed and enough bass.
    607 isn't bass shy exactly , it just lacks enough capacitance in the psu. Give it another 50-60-80000μf and you'll be fine with the bass section.

jameswei and AUD101 like this.