Sansui AU-20000 PHONO INPUT PROBLEM

vic

Hello I get a very faint sound from the speakers from the phono input, I plugged in a tuner in the phono input and it works, I know its not my turntable as it works on other amp,
thank you

you dont really want to plug in anything with a higher output than a turntable into a phono input - you could cause some damage.

Have you tried connecting a turntable to the phono inputs, so its input is correctly terminated..

Have you tried connecting a turntable to the phono inputs, so its input is correctly terminated..
yes when I turn the volume up you can hear a faint sound kind of like a transistor radio. I connected the turntable to the tape input and I get a sound.

Did you try toggling between phono 1 and phono 2 to see if that makes any difference? Did you try both phono inputs in the back as well?

Not familiar with the AU20K, if you can hear radio, is there anything else near by or, connected to the AU20K that can be powered down ,disconnected, moved away. Can you hear the same via the headphone socket, with nothing connected to the au20K. Presuming you have already done this.:)

Not familiar with the AU20K, if you can hear radio, is there anything else near by or, connected to the AU20K that can be powered down ,disconnected, moved away. Can you hear the same via the headphone socket, with nothing connected to the au20K. Presuming you have already done this.:)
Did you try toggling between phono 1 and phono 2 to see if that makes any difference? Did you try both phono inputs in the back as well?
yes but no change

It's written "sensitivity" under the phono 1 2 button- you sure you have an au20000?

Big amp with vu meters, off red covers- weighs about 65 lbs?

It's written "sensitivity" under the phono 1 2 button- you sure you have an au20000?

Oh yes sorry those switches. but all good now sprayed with electrical spray even the circuit board and works fine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom