sansui au-20000

Hmmmm, for a minute there, I thought this unit was the AU-20000 that I had sold to someone who also lived in San Jose, but it looks to be another s/n, a Dec '75 unit.

B/F

PS:

Congrats B.Y. on the G99X purchase/matching tuner. If you got it for $135 + shipping, its a great buy. I was tempted to go for it when I had first seen it available on Audiogon, but, I decided to let a great deal go to someone else.

Let us know when it arrives and its set-up and playing. I think you will be very pleased with these units. Isao who hosts the sansui.us site likes the sound of the 99X very much.

B/F

My sentiments exactly!

I was tempted to go for it when I had first seen it available on Audiogon, but, I decided to let a great deal go to someone else.

I really didn't have the extra cash...Plus them extra fees it seems I get stuck paying...

Greg

Last edited:
I am excited and my wife is definitely not! I missed not having some Sansui around since I sold my au-11000 to qboneus.

Now I have to sell my Marantz 2330b!

Originally posted by BeatleFred
Hmmmm, for a minute there, I thought this unit was the AU-20000 that I had sold to someone who also lived in San Jose, but it looks to be another s/n, a Dec '75 unit.

B/F

Nope it's not mine. I still have mine and I am quite happy with it, after sticking $250.00 into it for repairs. It works and sounds beautiful. BTW Fred, you were right about the switch.

test_009.jpg

I'm running it with these speakers right now.

Prom_027.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the main thing is that the AU-20K you have is working fine now. Even though you spent some money to have it serviced, it probably was well worth it, and the unit will be running in tip-top shape for many years to come. Enjoy.

B/F

As a new forum member, but an old time Sansui owner, wonder if I could impose on Tullman to share the name of his Boston Tech that did the work on the AU20000 and TU9900.
I have owned one of each of these units since the late 70's and have had them in storage for over 3 years. Would like an opportunity to have someone service the units that is capable of doing more good than harm.
I have all the original documentation that came with these units including the factory test sheets, as well as some of the sales literature from that time frame.
I bought both units at the old Mainz Audio/Video Club in Germany, retiring a Harmon-Kardon Quad receiver at that point. The old military quarters in Frankfurt where I was stationed had 3 foot thick concrete walls, triple pane windows and oak hardwood floors. The ceilings were 12 feet high and the living room was 20' by 20'. Needless to say you could crank it up and the folks downstairs didn't even know you were home. Ran the sound through Bose 901 II's and ESS Heil AMT's.

Thanks,
Craig

Originally posted by CraigC
As a new forum member, but an old time Sansui owner, wonder if I could impose on Tullman to share the name of his Boston Tech that did the work on the AU20000 and TU9900.
I have owned one of each of these units since the late 70's and have had them in storage for over 3 years. Would like an opportunity to have someone service the units that is capable of doing more good than harm.
I have all the original documentation that came with these units including the factory test sheets, as well as some of the sales literature from that time frame.
I bought both units at the old Mainz Audio/Video Club in Germany, retiring a Harmon-Kardon Quad receiver at that point. The old military quarters in Frankfurt where I was stationed had 3 foot thick concrete walls, triple pane windows and oak hardwood floors. The ceilings were 12 feet high and the living room was 20' by 20'. Needless to say you could crank it up and the folks downstairs didn't even know you were home. Ran the sound through Bose 901 II's and ESS Heil AMT's.

Thanks,
Craig

Hi Craig,

The tech I use is Audio Pro
617-926-820
Ask for Vince

What kind of speakers are you running now?

Thanks for the name and phone number. I'll see if Vince and I can do a little business.
Speakerwise....no longer own the Bose units or the AMT's. I've got a pair of older Cerwin-Vegas (like 217's...not sure on the model...I'd have to go check the storeroom), a pair of Advent Tower's and a pair of KLH 17's in need of a rebuild. Bought the KLH's in Austin when I was in school....back about 1970. Good solid walnut cabinets....no veneer back then....so I think they could stand a little resurrection.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom