Sansui AU 517 power supply "upgrade" questions

the trimmers... can not seem to get them.

Where are you trying to order them from? Farnell?, RS Components ?

You know that you will be lucky to find 'new' replacements identical to the originals, and that the vast majority now replace with Bourns style (single turn or multi-turn) replacements.

Last edited:
thank you! @Leestereo

Could i use these? 661-EKMH800T183MB80T
Chemi-con KMH 18000uf 80v ESR 0.14 Ripple 7.43 exact same size.
Would this maybe be a bit to much? Going from 12000 to 18000? (inrush)
And do i need to bypass them?

Mouser does not have much choice in 15000uF 40mm at the moment. ( i wanted to upgrade) Only Kemet's
My first thought was Nichicon KG goldtune. But they have 1 left...

Last edited:
I hope i did not "F" up... i did the order,,,, (with the 18000uF's...)

i'm on to the last "Board" F2670
How do you guys get this out? Mine is glued .

Or just "cut" it and recplace it with screws?

Last edited:
Where are you trying to order them from? Farnell?, RS Components ?

You know that you will be lucky to find 'new' replacements identical to the originals, and that the vast majority now replace with Bourns style (single turn or multi-turn) replacements.
Sorry, somehow i missed your post.
Lee solved the problem for me. I did the order at mouser.

Strange site though. I did a search and no results. And with the part numbers provided by lee the site works...

Strange site though. I did a search and no results. And with the part numbers provided by lee the site works...
Yes, I have had that happen to me as well, it seems to depend on the filters you apply, and maybe in what sequence, I am glad Lee was able to help you. ;)

Only a bit worried.... I ordered the 18000uF caps for the main filter. Hope it works. Originals are 12000uF.

hmmz was afraid of something like that,
Did a check. there is a Alps l-102 in there? it says TV-5 SDA4L 76

Had a look at that triac mod. not to hard to do. The whole amp is dismantled at the moment. if you say this saves the switch it would be very easy to do it now. Intead of later.

Hate to have to ask all these questions.
R9 + R10 and R13 +R14 on the F2675 PSU are 0.5w?

schematic does not say.

Lucky me, had a bunch of the 10k and 22r restors . ( forgot to include them in the order.)
I had so much of these I decided to replace all of them for the same type resistor.
Although the resistors are rated at 1% I matched them. Total nonsense ofcourse, but it was only 5 minutes of extra work.

Photo shows only one side. Did both.

(deleted old post)

Cleaned all the boards. Waiting on the new parts........

Old habbits kick in. Looking at (for) some old speakers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom