Sansui AU-6600

cwest

Hello,

I have just acquired a Sansui AU-6600 integrated amp that is in great shape. However, I do not know of its specs. Can anyone point me in the right direction to location this info? I have spent considerable time on the Net and have come up emply for the specs on this model (although I have found specs for other amps onf the same Sansui vintage).

Many thanks in advance.

Craig

The AU-6600 is rated 42W (the next model up, the AU-7700 is 55W). As I've mentioned many times before on this site- you can determine the year and month that your particular Sansui unit was manufactured. The third digit in the s/n (going left to right) represents the year- thus a 5 would mean 197->5 (1975). The 4th and 5th digits will be anywhere from 01 to 12 and tells you the month. Some info is also here:

http://www.sansui.us/PG_AU7700_Series.htm , scroll down the page.

Regards, B/F.

Hello
I purchased a Sansui AU-6600 -TU-5500 set and a Sansui 6060 recently. Both units work fine and are in decent shape. Question I have is that the 6060 sounds brighter and louder compared to the AU-6600, so wondering if the AU-6600 needs some work, should the AU-6600 sound as bright as the 6060?
They have similar power ratings around 40 watts, though the AU-6600 seems to be rated with lower distortion.
Am using Orignal Advents on both sets of amplifiers, both sets of Advents have been refoamed and new capacitors installed,
I am actually impressed with the 6060 but I like the midrange control on the 6600.

They probably both need to be restored by now. I have an AU-6600 I haven't gotten around to yet, and it doesn't have any low end at all. Old dry caps

Back
Top Bottom