Sansui Au-7700 parts list?

CALLTHECOPS

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So this is my first rebuild/restoration. Can anyone who has rebuilt one of these help me out with a list of parts (caps, transistors, etc) that would be recommended to replace?

My main gripe right now is a quiet crispy sound in the left channel (that does not seem to increase with volume, so it really isn't that noticeable when listening at any sort of real volume) - but only after it's completely warmed on and been in use for several hours. I have a nice 2000a that I can use while this is getting the treatment - so I'm ready to dive in.

I'd appreciate any tips, things to look out for - and a parts list!

Thanks!

So this is my first rebuild/restoration. Can anyone who has rebuilt one of these help me out with a list of parts (caps, transistors, etc) that would be recommended to replace?

My main gripe right now is a quiet crispy sound in the left channel (that does not seem to increase with volume, so it really isn't that noticeable when listening at any sort of real volume) - but only after it's completely warmed on and been in use for several hours. I have a nice 2000a that I can use while this is getting the treatment - so I'm ready to dive in.

Thanks!

Alternatively... how can I test to find out where the crackling is coming from? the PO said he had replaced "some" of the caps a few years back, but it could probably use a recap eventually. Could a failing capacitor cause these sorts of symptoms?

Thanks!

The first place to look for crackling noises is in the controls. Every knob, button or lever on the front panel has a switch or a pot behind it. Almost any one of them can cause this kind of noise if it is dirty or oxidized. Cleaning those controls may fix your problem.

- Pete

The first place to look for crackling noises is in the controls. Every knob, button or lever on the front panel has a switch or a pot behind it. Almost any one of them can cause this kind of noise if it is dirty or oxidized. Cleaning those controls may fix your problem.

- Pete

ah, I forgot to mention that I've already taken all covers and knobs off and deoxit'd everything. twice! and the crackling remains.. :) I've had lots of vintage gear over the years (home stereo and guitar gear), so I'm not 100% green, but I have never recapped an amplifier. thanks!

Then try freeze spray. Hit each of the small signal transistors and see if the noise changes.

- Pete

right on, will do!

here's a (possibly stupid) question... how can I determine if the transistor that's making noise is in the preamp or the power amp? I know I can separate the two via the switch on the back.

Thanks!
PM me if you want a service manual. Regards, -DAAB-

Back
Top Bottom