Sansui au 777 and tu 777 wooden cases

rex_noctu

Dear AudioKarma friend !
I'm new to the community and first of all I would like to say Hello !
Recently I found and bought Sansui AU 777 + TU 777 and I just love them, they sound so good. My biggest problem is that they do not have wooden cases. I would like to buy them or get their plans to make them at the carpenter.

Precisly the ones I need is Sansui:
- wood case C-5 for au 777
- wood case C-8 for tu 777

http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/Sansui/1969/

If you have these wood cases or know where to find them in any condition or have any plans based on which I can make new ones, please write.
Thanks for all your help!

although not exactly what you are looking for - check out this cool thread on 777a rebuild and plexiglass case. You could contact him probably get plans to use for a wood case.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-au-777a-xmas-break-rebuild.632026/page-4

BXTdlC2.jpg

thank you for your advice, I've contacted smurfer77 but I'll still be in need of the TU 777 tuner wood case plans

Measured up my wood case and posted in my 777A thread.

Pics from lots of angles to help you build the case and dimensions at the end of the post. Let us know how it goes when you make it!

Cheers
David

Over the last year I've had a few messages about the AU-777A case. Those who want the vector format template in .eps format (which any CNC router shop will be able to use), just PM me with your email address and I'm happy to share. The template was based on the metal lid for the AU-777A (AU-777 is the same size, I assume other 777 variants are the same).

Also, some (e.g. see this thread) want the dimension of the wood case to replicate that. So here are the dimensions and some pics.

Rs5osEd.jpg

7cS51LN.jpg

There are some differences between the metal and wood cover. The metal cover attaches to the chassis four screws, two on either side panel. The metal cover has no base

VBiRFDy.jpg

There are some differences between the metal and wood cover. The metal cover attaches to the chassis four screws, two on either side panel. The metal cover has no bottom. There is a metal panel on the bottom and four screw in feet.
LtnqZdk.jpg

On the other hand the wood case skips the bottom feet, and the wood case has a bottom and is shaped such that it doesn't need additional feet. Four wingnut bolts screw into where the feet would screw into if you have the metal case.
pnvbEhL.jpg

UKOYtQO.jpg

Here are a few more pics, that might be useful for someone making their own wood case.
49omSRj.jpg

rCTAPtt.jpg

uzwYhzZ.jpg

For the wood case:
- The wingnut bolts are 26 mm long and 3.88 mm wide including thread.
- outer width is 17-1/16"
- inner width is 16-1/8"
- outer height is 6-1/16"
- inner height is 5-3/16"
- depth is 12-1/8"
- the case is about 1/2" thick at the base, but the sides and top are about 7/16"
- the 'feet' are about 1/2" tall at the tallest parts
- I would drill the holes using your screw holes as templates but as a general reference they are separated by 10-10/16" and 8-10/16"
- the two large cut-outs underneath the wood case are at the rear. exact size/placement is not important... the just allow air to rise up through the slots on the back section of the top panel, i.e. chimney effect.

Hi David!
Thank you a lot for all your time and work with measuring the wood case, I hope this will help! Hope next week to go to the carpenter, but first need to make a technical drawing (schemes) of the case.
Do you have any experience with Sansui speakers grills renovation?
Thanks
Mike

Measured up my wood case and posted in my 777A thread.

Pics from lots of angles to help you build the case and dimensions at the end of the post. Let us know how it goes when you make it!

Cheers
David

Hi David!
Thank you a lot for all your time and work with measuring the wood case, I hope this will help! Hope next week to go to the carpenter, but first need to make a technical drawing (schemes) of the case.
Do you have any experience with Sansui speakers grills renovation?
Thanks
Mike

Minor experience with my sansui sp-2020. Was able to reform a few missing parts of the grill with wood filler. What sort of damage do they have on yours? If you post a pic it might help

Back
Top Bottom