Sansui AU-7900 fixer upper.

Willy6

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I found this au-7900 at a garage sale awhile back and decided to Crack it open and take a look at it and from what I can see it appears to be 100% original in other words nobody has ever done any work on it before..First thing was put it on the dbt and the 80w bulb glowed bright so my first thought was short circuit some where so took it apart and pulled the power amp board f-2596 out and checked all of the op transistors and they all test good..did some dust cleaning and making a parts list now..

It's a great amp. Well worth fixing.

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

I found this au-7900 at a garage sale awhile back and decided to Crack it open and take a look at it and from what I can see it appears to be 100% original in other words nobody has ever done any work on it before..First thing was put it on the dbt and the 80w bulb glowed bright so my first thought was short circuit some where so took it apart and pulled the power amp board f-2596 out and checked all of the op transistors and they all test good..did some dust cleaning and making a parts list now..
Picking up on an old thread. Did you happen to develop a parts list for your restoration? I also have a AU-7900 that has started to hum so time to start the restoration. Thx!

Picking up on an old thread. Did you happen to develop a parts list for your restoration? I also have a AU-7900 that has started to hum so time to start the restoration. Thx!
I didn't end up making a list I put it away and started working on a 9090 and an AU-X1 I'll get back to the 7900 sometime soon.

Thanks for the quick response. I have sort of the same issue with way to many interesting projects that never seem to make it to the front stack. Anyway I will start the AU-7900 in a couple of weeks. I will start a thread with the progress and parts list.

Back
Top Bottom