Sansui AU-9900 impressions

Nice pics Hackwhite, they reminded me how I like the Font style on the units words.
I have a AU-9900 as well, it's beauty made me get a TU-9900, in my opinion the most beautiful tuner, and one of the best performing tuners out there. The sound is very natural, with excellent midrange.

Nice pics Hackwhite, they reminded me how I like the Font style on the units words.
I have a AU-9900 as well, it's beauty made me get a TU-9900, in my opinion the most beautiful tuner, and one of the best performing tuners out there. The sound is very natural, with excellent midrange.
Thanks!

I bought an AU 9900A this spring. I love the fluid powerfull sound and the aestethics. It is simply beautiful it is not going anywhere, even if the technician bills are stacking up.

Maybe you guys can help.

After 2-5 min of warming up it plays wonderful for 1 or 2 hours and then it looses the right channel. I can continue listening switching from stereo to mono (speaker 1-2). Where do my tech need to focus his search?

Best regards,

Fensten

First thing is to start cycling switches, see if one if them is dirty.

Next open the preamp-amp switch, try using RCA cables from the preamp-out to amp in. If the problem is still there then cross the channels (left out to right in, right out to left in) to see if the problem stays on the right channel (indicates right amplifier, speaker protection relay, or speaker switch) or changes to the left channel (everything else).

To get the attention of more people who can help you should start your own thread "AU-9900A loses right channel" or similar.

Although these amps are great, Sansui had a problem with the output relays in this period. Problem described by Fensten is almost certainly relay related, Maybe you can confirm, Jan?

Although these amps are great, Sansui had a problem with the output relays in this period. Problem described by Fensten is almost certainly relay related, Maybe you can confirm, Jan?

So sorry for the late answer. You might be right, but what i thought was an amplifier related issue, turned out to be, something embarrassing. Like a phono cable under the tonearm, that had partly fallen out

Since then the amplifier has been recapped, 2sa transistors has been swapped. Now only thing, missing is the powersupply, and a new speaker relay.

It performs well within specs and it is still my prefered amplifier. It is paired with Tannoy Arden HPD 385 and it is a sweet match.

I will pickup a Fisher x100 in nearly mint condition (el84). This will be my first tubeamp and it should do fine with the Tannoys. A and B testing between the two will be fun, too.

It also opens to releavate the Au9900A for its duties and have the powersupply serviced ❤️

Best regards,

Fensten

Back
Top Bottom