Sansui AU-999

Eilati

Hi all,
Just got my Sansui AU-999 and it is MINT. pics are posted w/serial number.
Just one problem, the blue protective tape is still on it and doesn't want to come off. It is a little fuzzy here and there and I would like to remove it.
Any suggestions.
Eilati

Congrats on a real nice amp. The tape will come off. Ya just have to get a corner going and then it will peel off for the most part in one strip. I had two of them and they did the same thing.

Grumpy

Tape

Around the outer surface of the amp is a protective blue tape.
It is put there by the manufacturer to protect it from dings, etc.
Mine won't come off. If you look at the pic you will see a sort of a fuzzy spot starting over the bass knob and continuing around the whole amp.
Thanks.
Uri

Get the lead out

Gently take a pencil eraser to it and rub gently. If it gets a little gummy then put some Lighter fluid with Naptha on it. Ya know Ronsonol? Then you can work it.

Blue tape

The eraser and Ronsonol worked, looks great. Any ideas on how to clean the inside besides with canned air, I do computer work at home and have plenty of it. I also need some deoxit, but don't want to spend a minimum, any thoughts.
Eilati

Yup try Craig Deoxit on ebay. I went to a local Fry's Electronics and they didnt have Craig. I bought a generic contact cleaner there it seemed to work okay. It was about five bucks.

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid".

FRANK ZAPPA

Back
Top Bottom