Sansui AU-D101

Arnie

Hey everybody,

A few days ago i've bod a second hand AU-D101 amp. (it was a bargain :) )....... there was only one problem, the left speaker output is making a disturbing sound. Does anybody have an idea of what this could be????????
The amp is aprox. 25 jears old.....

Greetings Arnie.

(ps i'm sorry for my terrible englisch :rolleyes: )

Hello Arnie

Please elaborate more on what your problem is... there is no sound?, there is static? distortion?

If the amp has pre/main plugs see if you can isolate the problem a little more.

Chris

Hello Cris,

I shall try to elaborate my problem a bit more,

There is a distortion in the left output, the speaker is making a sound but it's a terrible one :eek:

Its the kind of noize that speakers make when they are blown up..........

By the way, the amp doesn't have a pre/main plug :(

Arnie

Arnie- the AU-D101 is closer to 20 years old (1983) rather than 25 which would go back into the 70's. (Before you ask me next time, I'll answer your question already- the wattage is 30W)

As for your problem- turn the speaker selector to Off and plug in headphones instead- listen to various things like a cd player connected to the Aux input, a tuner into the tuner input.., and move the switches and controls on the AU-D101 back and forth, up & down a bit- it might be that these switches are a little dirty which is causing the distortion you hear. How does the inside of the amp look- is it clean or is it dusty? - in which case a can of compressed air to blow out and remove the filth is a good idea.

beatlefred- Thanx for the info!

I've tryed the thing with the headphone, but the distortion is also there.
Could it be a problem in the pre amp??? i don't know if the headphone connector is attached before or after the amping part........
It doesn't matter if i select a cd player, tuner or tv
I also moved al the things al little bit but it didn't help :( :(

The inside of the amp was a bit dusty so i already cleaned it with a bit of air en sprayed a bit of contact spray on the selectors.

Last edited:
Arnie- the next thing that comes to mind is perhaps some loose wiring inside or perhaps some corroded soldering joints.

Back
Top Bottom