Sansui AU-D907, F, G, X

mbz

Addicted Member
First post in the Sansui forum so please be gentle.

I'm thinking about getting an AU-D907 from Japan and would like some guidance on which
model to go for. As always, it's a trade off between price and performance however if the top
of the series can be had for a few extra dollars... A quick search today showed the AU-D907
907Limited, 907F, 907F-Extra, 907X, 907X Decade listed.

If they are all very close in performance then OK, but I'm guessing there are 1 or 2...

Some background.
I've repaired and refurb'd a few amps. I'm currently working my way through the yamaha series
CA-1000, CA-1010 and CA-2010 however I think I need a different sound. I like the Luxman
SQ-507X for it's richness. I've refurb'd a AU-505, a nice amp. I've already imported a few amps
from Japan so I'm aware of the pitfalls, one amp was good for parts only.

Had the 907X DECADE. Idk how it's compared with the others, but liked the sound. It's how Sansui sounds, but more powerful (can't explain in technical terms). My other experience with a 907 is a Alpha 907KX, but it's some levels above te 907X Decade.

Attachments

• _DSC0217.jpg
    _DSC0217.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: mbz
An Update. Been watching the prices. A working unit will cost somewhere between USD200-400 !!!
For a basic 907F/G Extra, upper end for the LIMITED and X DECADE. Add shipping costs a
stepdown transformer and a refurbishment...

Back
Top Bottom