1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui au919 warm up time

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by pjrengineer, Oct 23, 2018.

1. pjrengineer

pjrengineer AK Subscriber Subscriber

Bias within factory spec. One channel had 22 mv dc offset. Adjusted eq and flat amp to 0mv but both were already in spec for tolerance.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. pjrengineer

So after testing this out with a different set of speakers (Dynaco a25 + a10) in a+b I compared it to the following

Sansui au919
    Sansui au719
    Marantz 2226

The au919 was much better than the competition.
    Must have been the speaker pairing (Tannoy dc2000) that I favored the marantz.

Which shows me again that synergy is very important.

OnTheBlitz likes this.
  3. ickyfrog

ickyfrog AK Subscriber Subscriber

Warm up is real for my system.

I have a recapped Sansui 5000A. It has always required some warm up time to sound it's best. And recently I acquired Klipsch Forte speakers which was a big upgrade for me. (also recapped)

Now with the Forte's added the change in perceived sound is more dramatic. After about 30-45 minutes of playtime (from a cold start of the amp) the SQ changes from very good to 'magic'.

Still need to do some more experimenting to see if the amp needs to just be powered on or actually playing to reach the 'magic' phase. Also want to test leaving the amp on 24x7 for a week to hear the results. In my case the amp is in a cool room, about 65 F.

pjrengineer likes this.
  4. pjrengineer

This amp sounds wonderful when paired with my ads speakers and bass at 3 o’clock.