Sansui AUX901 in trouble

jameswei

My tech ask me try try a pair of speaker cable, so I was trying to hook it up, but it was too big for the banana plug and I gave up. When I turn back on the 901 I smell something burning and I shut the amp off right away. I then noticed I forgot to reconnect one side of the speaker. Is this suppose to happen. Now the 901 is in protection when I turn it on, just blinks in orange light and not clicking.

It seems from your description that you may have inadvertently shorted the speaker terminals together, or the unconnected side of the speaker touched something it shouldn't have, (like the chassis for example). When connecting or disconnecting speakers you should always turn off the amplifier, at least the protection circuit has some chance of protecting the amplifier this way. If you connect/disconnect speakers with the amplifier turned on - then you give the protection circuit no chance at all.

Your AU-X901 will need to be looked at by a tech, 'burning smell and in protection' is not a trivial problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom