Sansui AX-7 / DBX 200XG Route selector

redwine

receiverjunkie
Hi out there,

I´m looking for a possibility to connect my 4 Receivers with one pair of speakers.

As B/F told me, he uses an AX-7, but that DBX-Thing would be nice too.

Now I do have the chance to get one of them, which one would you prefer?

Thanks a lot

Redwine

Red Wine- Keep in mind- the example I used with the AX-7 was for switching between 3 preamps to 1 power amp. In other words, if you had, for example, a Sansui AU-717, Pioneer SX-980, Sansui AU-919, and a 9090DB receiver and you wanted to use each of them somehow, being that they all have separable pre/power amp sections, you can take any of those of those three models and use it in preamp mode and choose one to be the power amp. In this way, you dont have to move the cables from the cd player outputs to each different preamp you wanted to use. And being that the speaker cables connect only to the one power amp- you dont have to move those either. HOWEVER- to switch between receivers- thats different. In this case- you could switch between the various receivers using the AX-7- BUT you would still have to move the speaker cables every time you selected a particular receiver to use - there are no speaker terminals on the AX-7 (nor the dbx either).

Audio Authority is a company that makes switching devices (www.audioauthority.com) They have models that can switch up to 16 (!) amps, speakers, cd players, tape decks..... and you can select any amp thru any speaker combination. Thet are somewhat expensive to buy new from the company but you can find great deals on Ebay- I bought three of them on Ebay for $150- new it wouldve cost about $1200.

The company makes alot of different models, and they have been around for more than 25 years. Here is one of their products on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3024269823&category=14980

Back
Top Bottom